What is your "least" favorite collectible?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neca does make the occasional really awesome figure. Their TMNT figures and the Raziel from Soul Reaver are both fantastic. Mostly though, they make crap.

From the ones I bought and displayed, I have to say the Medicom Batman Begins Bats. He looked like a boy in a batman costume and the little paint the figure had was horrible.

My collection is still fairly young so I only buy the essential stuff I love. But for some reason I bought this a few years back. Why did I do such a thing?! It's a nice piece but I don't collect statues... :dunno

ShowImage.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
My least favourite collectible I have are:

Hot Toys Dutch
Hot Toys King Leonidas
Hot Toys Dark Knight (2nd costume)
Hot Toys Sarah Connor T1000
Hot Toys T800 factory display

All of them are amazing pieces but they were all impulse buys and they don't really fit into my collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I completely forgot about my worst purchase... it was the RAH Hostel figure.

That thing was just a complete POS; sold it within days of receiving it :lol

Action figure-wise, it would have to be that first series of House of 1,000 Corpses figures. Butt ugly doesn't even come close to describing them.

At the higher end, I would have to say the Rambo II PF. It's not the complete train wreck that some would argue, but it just looks pathetic next to superior PFs like Gandalf, or Indiana Jones. Sideshow could have done much, MUCH better with that character.

My worst would probably be the old 90s Sega Evangelion figure. I don't regret buying it as I have this completist collection of Eva Unit 01's I'm putting together but it was shockingly bad when I got it. I wasn't expecting it to be amazing but it was way worse than I could have imagined.

It's actually kind of charmingly bad.

5188117825_f321afa29d_b.jpg

The picture doesn't fully capture the badness either.

Pretty much every modern 3.75" star wars figure I own...

On a side note.....pretty much every medicom that I have bought in the last year or two have taken quite a bit of work to make them presentable. I love their work, but it is so dang delicate. Heck Tetsuo arrived with a broken ankle, but fortunately I had another body laying around to cannibalize parts from...the remains of a previous broken medi....

Last edited:
It seems a lot of people list Medicom products on their "least favorite collectibles" list. The sad part is that it's perfectly understandable that Medicom gets so much loathing.

I have a Medicom Captain Harlock which I really like a lot. It's a great figure. Was it as great as what it cost though? Hell no.

They did later releases with smaller packaging. They where all metallic though which I hate for Eva so I avoided them.

2403776514_7a47e91641.jpg

Oh ____, I totally forgot, I bought some of those Toybiz comics legends figures. Some where decent (Judge Dredd, Judge Death, Savage Dragon, Madman) but I had to buy some I didn't want in order to get the pieces for Pitt.

I have a Medicom Captain Harlock which I really like a lot. It's a great figure. Was it as great as what it cost though? Hell no.

I have him too...he is amazing to look at, but I get the cold sweats every time I try changing his pose...Don't get me wrong I love medicom's licenses and designs. I just wish that their manufacturing matched their design ambition...

On a another side note...It seems that HT has the license for the Harlock live action movie...it will be interesting to see what they come up with for the good Captain...

Back