What is your Holy Grail of Sideshow products

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have to say the holy grail for me at this moment in time would be:

DADDY BALROG. Becasue I cannot get hold of him for love nor money.

(having said that, maybe also the 1:1 scale Yoda bust or the 1/4 Spiderman statue that they will announce at Toy Fair):joy

For me, the one Sideshow item I wish I had but have little hope of ever getting is the 1:1 scale Predator bust. *sigh* You can't have everything!

For me I would have to say. 1/4 Sean Connery as Bond. Then followed by Dr.No Bond/ Dr.No, Goldfinger Bond/ Oddjob/ ***** Galore, Thunderball Bond and the On Her Majest'ys Secret Service Bond And Blofeld. I would also like to thank Sideshow for these Figures. Now I am starting to collect Planet Of The Apes. Just Bought Taylor in Space suit. Thanks Again Sideshow!!!!!!!!

The "holy grail" item that I don't yet have would be one that is far too expensive to ever buy: The Witchking Helm. I collected the regular helms, all of the statues, and all of the busts for LOTR. Late in the game, I started to collect the weapon sets (still need the arms of lurtz). The medallions never really did much for me, and the initial outlay of the line sounded huge for something I wan't much interested in. I was also put off that Sideshow was giving away helms with the medallions that I had already purchased, so I didn't bother getting this line at all. The only downside, I never got the Witchking helm. Now the prices seem outrageous for what seems to be a fancy fork on a pedestal, but the completist in me is irritated that I missed this one! Oh well, I would rather collect 15 LOTR 12-inch figures than one little helm

Grails that I have:
1/6 Creature (love that scaly green guy)
1/6 General Ursus
Grail that I'm waiting for, and the ultimate Grail IMHO:
KONG!
(The Hot Toys Predators are pretty cool,too)...PS

Original Balrog statue for sure!

This one made Sideshow known all over the world :peace

My grail that I am looking for is Patient Zero

My grail that I own is Nazi Kroenan

My grail that I wish for is 1/6 Captain America. I would even pony up the money for a 1/4 Cap.

My Moria Orc Archer I got back in the day for $98 bucks. Too bad I didn't pick up his buddy swordsman back then :banghead .

I like the way you expanded on the good Dr's thread Lonnie.

1) Looking: So many. I don't think I'll have problems getting the 1/4 Phantom, just hanging out for a good price. The Shultz 1/6 from Hogans Heroes continues to evade me, but I knew that would happen.
2) Have: The Creature from the Black Lagoon 1/6 figure.
3) Want: A simple request to have my avatar and sig recognized in 1/6. Aabel from the Outer Limits. Never say never, and I'll say it again, never. It isn't a fancy costume or anything, but I love vamps, and even though he isn't a vamp, people who don't know would have to say he's the coolest looking Alien vamp around. Well I do. Bald and great big teeth, I mean fangs, big fangs. You aint gonna cram any more fang into that mouth. It isn't a selling line, maybe 5 or so people on this board would want him. Make the edition size 50 and that would all change. :wacky

1. Have: Yes, I will have to say the 1/6th scale Creature From the Black Lagoon. Especially since I bought mine a little over a week ago for 51 bucks!:D Another one I was really searching for, and got is the Sean Connery figure from Dr. No.

2. Want: Where are all of the 1/6th scale Werewolfves of London? In the past three months, Ive only seen one listed on eBay! Another one I'd really like to get is Jaws.

3. Not made yet: Please give me a Claude Rains Phantom of the Opera and a Colin Clive Dr. Frankenstein, and Im a happy collector!

My "Holy Grails" are just as impossible to get as the name suggests.

:wacky :wacky :wacky SIDESHOW PROTOTYPES!:wacky :wacky :wacky

Don't get my wrong, the line product is great. It's just something about having a piece of one your favorite figures in one of it's MANY pre-production states that is REALLY cool. I'm not picky... it could be any Unpainted Test Shot Head (plastic or resin) from some of my favorite Sideshow lines. Ohhhh, let's see... maybe Dr. Zaius or Cornelius? The fully assembled protos from Toy Fair and SDCC would be GREAT too (that Zaius proto with the original shoulder glyphs would be ever so sweet) but I know there is NO chance of EVER owning one of those. :rolleyes:

I think it's really interesting to see a portrait as close to what the sculptor created as possible. Paint often masks the detail. I have dozens of 12" Hasbro Star Wars test shots (with wonderfully wacky colored outfits) that look GREAT before the paint is applied and the wrong skin color is invariably chosen. :banghead

Reading the Production Blog makes me hungry for some of these... with all those pictures of the upcoming 12" Star Wars figures. The Obi-Wan head is especially nice... the detail is amazing. I hope that the line product keeps some of that detail intact. :confused:

I did however score a pretty sweet Sideshow proto awhile back. A fully painted resin prototype of the Lawgiver statue (man, is that guy HEAVY)... one with the error scroll casing in the right hand. It doesn't have any of the pins and holes added to show the purchaser how to assemble it. Also both hands, casted separately from the rest of the body, have steel pins to hold them in place. The resin really brings out all the detail from the original sculpt... it is FAR sharper than the polystone version.

Last edited:
I have nto recieved ti yet but I have no doubt its going to be my 1:1 Legend bust. Hell yeah!

Weren't only 15 of the SSE Son of Frankensteins produced? When and under what circumstances did Sideshow release this exclusive?

I acquired my grail this year: a resin kit of Schlitzie from Tod Browning's "Freaks," from the days when Sideshow was a garage kit producer. The painting guide uses a photo of a buildup by Tom Gilleland...when it's ready for posting I'll share.

Back