What is your Holy Grail of Sideshow products

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Knight Who Says 'Ni'

I stared at it so many times but never bought. Still shaking my head over that.

Hmmm? I think there are three types of "Grail" pieces one could have. The true definition of a grail piece, is one you quest or search for the most. The second type could be the one piece in your collection that you most cherish. The last type I wouldn't personally consider a grail but some might, would be a piece they want to see produced. So, with that in mind...

My "Holy Grail" search that I never thought I would find was for a 12" SSE Son of Frankenstein figure. Since I finally tracked one down, I guess my next grail in line would be a Bronze Gandalf the Grey statue!

My "Holy Grail" piece I own would be a tossup between the the SSE Son of Frankenstein (because of the search), or the Bronze Wrightson Frankenstein Bust.

My "Holy Grail" piece I want to see produced would be a 1/4 scale Premium Format Creature From the Black Lagoon! (I don't think I will have to wait too much longer thankfully!)

Sam & Bill the Pony. It's my favorite sideshow piece produced to date, and I still haven't been able to find one at a price I want to pay.

Ohh, The knights who say Ni, is great one. I'm still in the hunt for that one.

I forgot about the Knight Who Says Ni, a literal "Holy Grail" piece!

He was definitely a tough one to find, and I am so glad to have him towering over my now complete Monty Python collection. He is looking at me now, holding up his herring. Hard to get this guy!

Right now it is a toss up between the Cave Troll and Sam and Bill statues for LOTR, but I think that Aragorn will jump to the top of the list (especially since he is roughly in scale with the cave troll for a display!)

For 12-inch stuff, I still think the Dead figure of patient zero is really the nicest figure Sideshow has done in terms of paint. They did a fantastic job with the sallow, decayed flesh and I hope this is still the start of a full fledge zombie line (though not for a couple of years, when LOTR and SW slow down!):naughty

one i own: dracula 1/6 -- i found out about sideshow kinda late (around the time the platoon figures were released) & so when i was hooked and started hunting the figures i missed drac was a bit hard to find -- the silver screen ones seemed to be everywhere, but the color. . . not so much -- finally found one on e-bay for a decent price a few months ago.

one i'm looking for: next in line would probably be the 1/6 ash from evil dead -- i remember seeing it in n.y. at a comic store once & passing on it, which i could kick myself for . . .

one i'd like to see made: neil gaiman's the endless 1/6 figures

Well, right now for me it is certainly the Grey Hulk.

I've either had, got, or will be getting most of the other biggies that
Sideshow has ever made - Balrog, Cave Troll, Predator Exclusive, etc....

But for right now, the one that I just barely missed is the one I want most.

JS :wave

I think the 1/6th scale Creature from the Black Lagoon is the most remarkable design feat of any figure ever made....a few years ago no one thought it could be done.

Of what I own or will own:

RWOS
Rivendell print
Barad-Dur print
Predator Exclusive
Grievous Exclusive

Of what I don't own:

Cave Troll
Balrog
Stone Trolls
Alien Queen 1/4

Back