What is your favorite Marvel Cinematic Universe movie so far?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite MCU movie so far?

• Total voters
1.Iron Man
2.Cap: WS
3.Avengers
4.Iron Man 3
5.GOTG
6.Incredible Hulk
7.Thor

I consider those to all be top-notch and highly enjoyable. Great, fun, well-made movies with strong characters that I care about.

8.Iron Man 2
9.Thor: DW

These two are still pretty good and have a lot going for them, but there are some not-so-good parts to them. Just not quite up to par to the rest.

10.Cap: FA
And this one I consider very flat and bland. It's a very very distant #10 for me. I didn't care about any of the characters or what happened to them. And seeing how great WS turned out made me dislike the first one even more because I saw how good it could have and should have been.

Glad to see Incredible Hulk getting at least a little bit of love here. I think it's a great movie and definitely at the same level of the other top Marvel movies. I think Norton was a fantastic Banner and really missed him in the Avengers. I honestly didn't like how Ruffalo played Banner, although I recognize that was really because of how Joss wrote him. I too would have loved a Norton sequel. I thought the Leader set up was great.

Yeah, I like Ruffalo quite a lot, and have since, um. . .13 Going On 30. . .but he's not a great Bruce Banner to me. Norton was, in the same vein that Bixby was. He was believable as a genuinely tragic character. But Ruffalo does fit the "let's be fun and not too serious" vibe that Marvel Studios has going for the most part. Maybe they'll change that up a bit in future movies though, so we'll see, but I don't know that they should in the sense that Marvel Studios, if nothing else, knows how to make fun films.

And on another note, I actually rewatched Thor 2 for the first time last night. And to be totally honest, it didn't blow me away like it did the first time. I still like it quite a bit and think it is underrated overall in the sense that some may not appreciate how well they do the little things that make a fun action comic movie work, and that others may give a bit too much weight to the 5-10 minutes that the annoying assistant chick was on screen. BUT. . .I would probably put it on par with Guardians on my list at this point. So, I think Iron Man and Winter Soldier were better (though I need to rewatch Winter Soldier, too).

Hard to put my finger on what I found lacking in Thor 2. There were a bunch of little things, like the bland villain. But I know I didn't like the pew pew lasers from Asgard. It got a little too Flash Gordon-y for me where I think of Asgard as more mystical and traditional. Laser guns seem so "uncivilized" as Obi Wan would say.

I did think the portal stuff at the end was great, though--especially Mjolnir trying to get to Thor.

CAP TFA is my fave. Love the WW2 stuff.

I guess runner ups are IM1 and IM2. I really like 2 for War Machine's :rock and Black Widow's appearances :drool

Back