What is your favorite Marvel Cinematic Universe movie so far?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite MCU movie so far?

• Total voters
1. Iron Man

2. The Incredible Hulk

Everything else in the Avengersverse feels generic and predictable to me. Though I enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy, I felt that I've seen that movie a hundred times before in the other Marvel Studios films. It's become like a parody. Some cool designs, tons of jokes, incredibly weak story line, cheesy dialogue, bleh. It's like one movie being copied over and over with new characters and settings slapped on.

Haven't seen The Winter Soldier yet.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2. Guardians of the Galaxy
3. Iron Man
4. Captain America: The First Avenger
5. The Avengers
6. Thor
7. Iron Man 2
8. The Incredible Hulk
9. Iron Man 3
10. Thor: The Dark World

Here is how I would rank them:

Guardians of the Galaxy
Iron Man
The Avengers
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Captain America: The First Avenger
Thor
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
Iron Man 2
The Incredible Hulk

Interesting that both Phase I and II have two standout films with regard to popularity.

Phase I

Iron Man
The Avengers

Phase II

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy

We'll see if AoU breaks the tie.

1-3.Iron Man
Guardians
Winter Soldier

Those three are so close, they could be in any order on any given day. Exactly what I think the movies should be.

4. Avengers

Great flick, but theres something missing that it doesnt get the rewatches I thought it would. Have watched it once beginning to end at home.

5. Everything else. Cap, Thor 1 and 2, Hulk, Iron Man 2 and 3.

All have highs and lows, but in general not the pinnacle of the universe imo.

I just have a hunch that Doctor Strange will be the standout of Phase 3. Now if only Marvel could give us a nice underwater adventure with a Submariner film, I would totally jump back on the Marvel bandwagon.

Man it sure is popular to downgrade The Avengers these days. Everyone ****ing loved it when it came out. It was 10/10s abound.

Now its 'pretty average' :lol

Any movie that copies the ending to The Phantom Menace can never be above average.

Here's how I'd attempt to rank them I guess, though they'd change depending on what mood I'm in.

Guardians of the Galaxy
Captain America: The Winter Soldier......................................................... TEH BEST

Iron Man
The Avengers............................................................................................... DO WANT

Captain America: The First Avenger
Iron Man 3........................................................................................................ GOOD

Iron Man 2
Thor............................................................................................................................. Meh

The Incredible Hulk
Thor: The Dark World.........................................................................................................Will never watch again

Last edited:
1. Guardians Of The Galaxy (8.5/10)
2. The Avengers (8/10)
3. Iron Man(8/10)
4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (7.5/10)
5. Captain America: The First Avenger (7/10)
6. The Incredible Hulk (6.5/10)
7. Thor: The Dark World (6.5/10)
8. Thor (6/10)
9. Iron Man 2 (5/10)
10. Iron Man 3 (4/10)

Are the characters and events of The Incredible Hulk in any way contravened by the MCU films that followed? Or is it just the very different actor and performance as Banner that makes people disregard that one?

Any movie that copies the ending to The Phantom Menace can never be above average.

A blip to be sure, but a mere blip.

GOTG
Avengers
Cap2
Iron Man
Thor
Cap
Thor2
Iron Man 3
TIH
Iron Man 2

Marvel cosmic is my jam.

The Avengers
Iron Man
Thor
Captain America: TFA
Captain America: TWS
Thor: TDW
Iron Man 2
Guardians of the Galaxy
Iron Man 3
The Incredible Hulk

In the end I love watching all of them. They're just fun films well tied together that you can escape into.

1. The Avengers
2. Guardians of the Galaxy
3. Thor
4. CA: First Avenger
5. Iron Man
6. CA: Winter Soldier
7. Thor: Dark World
8. Iron Man 2
9. Iron Man 3
10. The Incredible Hulk

Avengers
Winter Soldier
Iron man
GotG

First avenger
Thor

Dark Worlld Thor
Ironman 2
Ironman 3
Incredible Hulk

As mentioned before, I enjoy them all but some are far better then others.

Are the characters and events of The Incredible Hulk in any way contravened by the MCU films that followed? Or is it just the very different actor and performance as Banner that makes people disregard that one?
I don't think subsequent films contradict anything that happens in TIH. I can't speak to why others don't like it very much. I thought it was quite good. Can't beat Norton, Roth, and Hurt together, acting-wise. It had some good drama, and the action scenes made up for the bad taste "Hulk" left in folks' mouths. And I really appreciated the vibe that built off of the '70s TV show, which I don't really feel we're going to get with Ruffalo from here on. Bill Bixby he ain't. But it wasn't great. They probably could have done a better job of setting up the antagonist (Abomination) as something the audience really wanted to see him overcome at the end. Really wanted to see a sequel with the Leader. But oh, well.

Thor
Thor 2
Avengers
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Captain America

Still need to see IM3, TWS, and GotG. Won't vote until I've seen them all.

The Great
1. Iron Man

The Good
2. Thor
3. Captain America: The First Avenger

The Okay
4. The Avengers

The Ugly

5. Iron Man 2
6. Thor The Dark World
7. Iron Man 3
8. The Incredible Hulk

Only ever inclined to watch the Great and Good again. Haven't seen Cap 2 yet, should be seeing Guardians later today.

Man it sure is popular to downgrade The Avengers these days. Everyone ****ing loved it when it came out. It was 10/10s abound.

Now its 'pretty average' :lol

The "OMG they're in the same movie" novelty and hype has worn off.

Last edited:
Back