Statue What is the Most Underrated Marvel Sideshow Sculpt?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tavegg

Super Freak
Reaction score
Curious to hear responses to this question... What marvel piece do you believe just isn't getting the love it deserves?

Ill start with this big guy. Very underestimated sculpt IMO. The statue is solid and weighs a ton. No matter how many amazing sculpts you may have in your room the sheer size of this thing makes him stand out among other pieces and the detail that went into the muscle tone and shading of this sculpt is some of the best work I have seen on a SS piece

9522230390_ed9603c28f.jpg
[/url]image by -Tavegg-[/IMG]

^ I really like that one and would have ordered one if I was collecting back then. Another that is very well done is Skaar. Those that have him really like him and those that don't have forgot about him.

I'm going to go with two of my favourite under loved statues firstly the Bucky pf the pose is awesome really dynamic and great use of different materials.

Secondly the thing pf just don't understand why he gets no love huge epic statue

Abomination is a great one. Love that piece, but a statue that is under appreciated in my opinion is Hawkeye. What a great action pose and the color on it is great. I wish this figure was made 4 years ago when sideshow had better quality control. It would be a classic. Get it while you can.

Another under appreciated sculpt is the Captain America 1:1 bust. Breath taking.

Got some really great responses thus far. I own Skarr and can attest to wanderlai.
Bucky PF is also one of my favorites but most are not fans of this sculpt. No idea why? Don't own thing but now he's on my radar after seeing antmans pics in his collection thread.
Hawkeye was my only qc issue with SS so far and my replacement ships next week so now I am that much more excited for his arrival

I think the original Punisher PF (specifically the Bradstreet Ex.) doesn't get the 'love' it deserves.

Hobgoblin. I freaking love that piece, and no one seems to mention it when talking about great sculpts. Hey, I wish it was 1/4 scale, but it still looks great at 1/5.

:lol. Yes it is. My GF signed for the delivery and I remember getting the text from her. She said "I think someone shipped you two statues in one box today and they look like really big ones."

I can't even believe there was a mass shipping of this box. The box was massive and I hope there weren't many returns of this statue. There can't be many (or any) of these oversees. How much would the shipping be overseas...$800?

Another reason i feel that Abomination is so underrated, because most people haven't seen one live and if you have it it is so massive it might not fit on your display shelf.

Hulk beats it in weight but as far as size...there isn't one bigger than the Abomination.

All great responses guys. Honorable mention to the hulkbuster (beautiful paint app) and hulk CQ (I don't mind the buzz cut either)

Couldn't agree with you more smooth criminal. Carnage is such a well done sculpt and with the competition being spidey and venom he doesn't get the love he rightfully deserves.

Also a big fan of the x 23 CQ frost lord. I have her displayed with wolverine and she fits in with the 1/4 scale just fine, love the shiny black paint app and the pose on the x base along with the blades in her shoes made this a keeper for me

I can't even believe there was a mass shipping of this box. The box was massive and I hope there weren't many returns of this statue. There can't be many (or any) of these oversees. How much would the shipping be overseas...$800?

Another reason i feel that Abomination is so underrated, because most people haven't seen one live and if you have it it is so massive it might not fit on your display shelf.

Hulk beats it in weight but as far as size...there isn't one bigger than the Abomination.

My sentiments exactly. To truly appreciate this sculpt you have to be 2 feet across from it. The hulk PF and hulkbuster CQ are massive and when you look at the sheer size of abom next to them there's such a wow factor involved. Even friends of mine that dont collect get a kick out of seeing him. He's just a giant!

Hobgoblin. I freaking love that piece, and no one seems to mention it when talking about great sculpts. Hey, I wish it was 1/4 scale, but it still looks great at 1/5.

You know how I feel about him.. The only thing that has we wavering is the scale. I don't know how well he would fit in with the classic three and rhino for my spidey set up. 1/4 scale and this would already be in my collection. No issues with 1/5 at all but I normally try to have someone to partner them up with and hobgob belongs in the spidey set up! Maybe with the new CQ line coming he will finally have a place

You know how I feel about him.. The only thing that has we wavering is the scale. I don't know how well he would fit in with the classic three and rhino for my spidey set up. 1/4 scale and this would already be in my collection. No issues with 1/5 at all but I normally try to have someone to partner them up with and hobgob belongs in the spidey set up! Maybe with the new CQ line coming he will finally have a place

I have him next to black Spidey right now, and he doesn't look that out of place.

Back