Blitzway vs Hot Toys in Hand

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's funny that people are heaping praise on Blitzway when they've released what six figures (the two Scarface figures, the Carlito's Way figure, and the three Fight Club figures)? Out of those five are variants of the same characters. Sure they have the Ghostbusters line coming but until they're at the level of producing multiple lines and more than a few figures a year at the same level of consistency as Hot Toys they're nowhere close in my opinion. Not that they haven't released some decent figures but I hardly view them as a true competitor.

Scarface x 1, Carlito's Way, Fight Club figures x 2, plus 2 different Bruce Lee statues, a Marilyn Monroe statue, and a Rocky statue. 3 sculpts from Arnie Kim and 3 from KA Kim.

Also co-op with Dam Toys to produce the heads for their 2 Universal Soldier figures.

They don't release a lot, but everything up till now have been really solid. Sculpt wise are all great, paint is not as good as HT but not bad.
Paint wise, I would pit them closer to Enterbay for 1/6. Good company, not in HT league yet due to quantity (company size, market share, licences and capital), but they are giving us some variety based on properties we've been wanting with excellent quality.

A lot of members have been eating crow for the last week including the OP regarding the Fight Club figures.

Just a fellow collector venturing out of HT territory for the first time could understand why someone would be hesitant. The OP is proceeding with the order, so the answer has already been answered. Living here in Hong Kong, I have the luxury of seeing figures first hand and prototypes displayed at the stores so i'm rarely worried, whereas I understand a majority of other collectors only have the internet to rely on.

I haven't bought an Enterbay figure in a while, but their paint used to be really good - superior to HT imo.

I can't remember the last human HT figure I was really impressed with - probably DX06. HT are consistent, but rarely great.

I haven't bought an Enterbay figure in a while, but their paint used to be really good - superior to HT imo.

I can't remember the last human HT figure I was really impressed with - probably DX06. HT are consistent, but rarely great.
Maybe you're just too hard to please?

Scarface x 1, Carlito's Way, Fight Club figures x 2, plus 2 different Bruce Lee statues, a Marilyn Monroe statue, and a Rocky statue. 3 sculpts from Arnie Kim and 3 from KA Kim.

Also co-op with Dam Toys to produce the heads for their 2 Universal Soldier figures.

They don't release a lot, but everything up till now have been really solid. Sculpt wise are all great, paint is not as good as HT but not bad.
Paint wise, I would pit them closer to Enterbay for 1/6. Good company, not in HT league yet due to quantity (company size, market share, licences and capital), but they are giving us some variety based on properties we've been wanting with excellent quality.

A lot of members have been eating crow for the last week including the OP regarding the Fight Club figures.

Just a fellow collector venturing out of HT territory for the first time could understand why someone would be hesitant. The OP is proceeding with the order, so the answer has already been answered. Living here in Hong Kong, I have the luxury of seeing figures first hand and prototypes displayed at the stores so i'm rarely worried, whereas I understand a majority of other collectors only have the internet to rely on.

Ha ha...good posting and great points...I am definitely seasoning my crow and looking for a good wine to pair with it but I won't be quite at the eating phase until I have that Tyler Durden in hand...if it looks as good as I am hoping...then Bon appetite! :)

BW reminds me of HT in the beginning...

I do not see the hoopla about the FC figures...they came out great.....still some blurry first pic animosity out there on that one.

Thought I would revive this one to share that I opened my Tyler Durden yesterday and as the proud owner of a pretty large Hot Toys collection including many of their all time classics (DX 07, 08, 09, 11, 12, 14, Battle damaged Robocop/Murphy two pack, Whiplash 1.0) to name a few...Based upon Tyler Durden Blitzway is in every way the equal to Hot Toys from a purely production aesthetic standpoint. The figure is one of the best in my collection and looks as good as anything that Hot Toys has released and better than many that I own and have seen. I can say with confidence that if Hot Toys had secured the Fight Club license they would not have produced a superior figure...in fact it is possible that it may have come out a little weaker than the Blitzway release. I am going to give Blitzway the competitive edge over Hot Toys today because they seem to be a bit more daring and unconventional in their licenses. If you are only interested in figures based upon Blockbuster films and the occasional hit TV show Hot Toys will be the be all and end all for you...if you are interested in more avant garde faire...look to Blitzway for the future of your collection! I stand converted!

Tyler was my first Blitzway figure. Although I almost got their Scarface because it looked so good...just not a huge fan of that character like I am with FC/Durden. But anyway, Super excited for Ghostbusters and Based on the TD figure I would agree they are on par with HT. Hope that continues and BW continues to go after Cult Classic licenses. Would be great to see more 80s and 90s films. There's plenty to choose from.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I was very impressed with the Tyler Durden Red Jacket, baring in mind the expression and Brad Pitt's likeness is very very hard to find. The selection of clothes and body type was absolutley perfect and the expressln was just spot on. I think it looks absolutely phenomenal.

Back