What is the Most Coveted Star Wars Sideshow Product Out There?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djklambake

Super Freak
Reaction score
Lately I've been sticking to Marvel goods, but I'm about to branch out into SS's Star Wars line.

Personal preference - I'm ALWAYS a huge fan of VS statues, so a Duel of the Fates would be right up my alley... :chew

...but in YOUR opinion, what is the one Star Wars piece out there currently that you'd give your left arm for/or you've given your left arm for?

I'd totally have to say a life size 1:1 Han Solo in Carbonite would reign supreme with me!:chew:chew:chew

Not Sideshow....yet! But its out there! :lol

hansolo.jpg

Last edited:
I would say the Grail of the SW line is 1:6 Ex. Jedi Luke followed closely by Ex. PF Grievous.

But for me personally, I want a Hurricane ROTJ Vader. That is my most wanted SW item that is available.

Grievous PF Exclusive.

I'm not even a fan of the character, but that PF is awesome!

I dig the Grievous PF... but I actually prefer pose and positioning of the Star Wars Unleashed Grievous action figure released a few years ago more. Dunno why but the standing Grievous PF looks a little unnatural to the character... (regardless, it's pretty neat lookin'!)

Bespin Han, hands down the best....No I'd say a Jedi Luke exclusive, Greivous PF, and Old Ben, followed by Bouush and Young Ben.

Darth Maul SS items have been mine. The Old Ben and Palps/Sidious pieces are amazing as well.

He's talking about pieces that are currently available, so yes probably the Grievous exclusive for PFs and Jedi Luke for 12" figures. However, I think it should be pointed out that for whatever reason there aren't really any true "grails" compared to what you have on the Marvel side. I don't think there's anything to compare to things like the gray Hulk PF, Dr. Doom PF, Stealth Iron Man, etc. Stuff on the Star Wars side is generally easier to come by and doesn't skyrocket in value. At least that's my impression.

If you're talking about things that are just great collectibles rather than "grails" that are expensive and hard to get, the answer would be different.

Im a big fan of the speeder bike, thoguh thats not a grails, its just damned expensive,
No 1 sideshow grail for me like most is ex Grievous.
If it were out of all SW stuff available I'd have to say either teh MR At-At or the MR Dooku saber, 2 items I would LOVE to own, but dont think I could afford.

i think the ss jedi luke is the most sought after, but my favorite figure is the medicom sandtrooper with boba closely behind.

I love the Bronze Vader. The helmet is classic Episode IV as is his slim shape. Maybe a bit too skinny but if I could afford it, THAT would be my SW grail.

The lifesize Droids are a close second. There are several board members that have amazing life size props but I don't have anything on that scale either.

I have to go slow with SW due to my Lotr Obsession, but the semi-affordable grails would have to be the Grievous PF and the Speederbike/Scout Trooper PF.

"Grail" implies that the item is nearly unattainable. No such item in the SS Star Wars pieces. And I would like to personally thanks Sideshow for making that the case. I feel that they have done VERY well with balancing selling an item through with keeping the secondary market price down. They have not done that perfectly...but very well. Particularly when you consider that Sideshow normally intended for their pieces to gain value on the secondary market. And they never tried to hide that fact. But the edition sizes have been fairly adequate to keep the product from cluttering up the warehouse while still getting the the majority of those interested in having them at the price point.

Or so it seems to me. Could it be my rose-colored glasses?

"Grail" implies that the item is nearly unattainable. No such item in the SS Star Wars pieces. And I would like to personally thanks Sideshow for making that the case. I feel that they have done VERY well with balancing selling an item through with keeping the secondary market price down. They have not done that perfectly...but very well. Particularly when you consider that Sideshow normally intended for their pieces to gain value on the secondary market. And they never tried to hide that fact. But the edition sizes have been fairly adequate to keep the product from cluttering up the warehouse while still getting the the majority of those interested in having them at the price point.

Or so it seems to me. Could it be my rose-colored glasses?

I'd assume much of any piece's "grailness" is due to outside influences such as a movie or TV show being made about it - or that it's a great piece that's been around for a while and nobody's selling it to anyone anymore because the people who really wanted the item and will never sell it own them. I'd agree... it seems Sideshow is handling this well... meanwhile you can't GIVE AWAY some of DC Direct's stuff - cripes! With runs in the 5,000's you'd best wait until you can snag it for 1/2 off in the 2ndary market! I learned that that hard way...

Back