What is the earliest Sideshow contest you've won?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcummins

Universal MODster
Reaction score
The looming Spooktacular 2007 has gotten me a little nostalgic... What's the earliest Sideshow contest you've won? It is fun going back and looking at those old monthly contest pages...

1103ermey.jpg
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]What is worse than having one drill sergent motivating you the hard way? Having two! Sideshow Collectibles was giving our newsletter subscribers a chance to walk away with a set that includes our Original R. Lee Ermey motivational figure and the very popular Xtra Salty R. Lee Ermey movitational figure. This giveaway was not for the weak hearted and was limited to entrants 18 years and older. Xtra Salty doesn't have the 'X' in his name for nothin'! [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]This special giveaway was open to Sideshow Collectible Newsletter Members only and ran from 11/01/03 to 11/30/03. Five lucky newsletter subscribers were randomly chosen from all eligible entries on December 5th 2003.[/FONT]
trans.gif

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Please note: By entering our contest, you agreed to have your name and state of residence posted to our site if you are drawn as a winner. This information was posted without prior notification. Entrants must be 18 years of age and older. Notification: Five (5) winners were drawn at random on 12/05/03 from all newsletter subscribers. Your first initial, last name and state of residence are posted on our site as a winner. [FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]If you are a winner, you will need to contact us at [email protected] to claim your prize.[/FONT] If prizes are not claimed in 3 days, they will be awarded to the next runner up.
[/FONT]
trans.gif
trans.gif

[FONT=verdana,helvetica,sans serif]The Potential Winners are:[/FONT]
J. Kennedy - Rockaway, NY (CLAIMED)
J. Baker - Ooltewah, TN (CLAIMED)
S. Dugger - Independence, MO (CLAIMED)
T. Miller - (CLAIMED)
C. Bartley - Sacramento, CA (CLAIMED)
L. Cummins - (CLAIMED)

trans.gif

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]PRIZE:[/FONT]
trans.gif
Five (5) winners will each recieve the R. Lee Ermey 12 inch figure set, which includes the Original Ermey and the Xtra Salty Ermey. [Click Here]

The looming Spooktacular 2007 has gotten me a little nostalgic... What's the earliest Sideshow contest you've won? It is fun going back and looking at those old monthly contest pages...

1103ermey.jpg
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]What is worse than having one drill sergent motivating you the hard way? Having two! Sideshow Collectibles was giving our newsletter subscribers a chance to walk away with a set that includes our Original R. Lee Ermey motivational figure and the very popular Xtra Salty R. Lee Ermey movitational figure. This giveaway was not for the weak hearted and was limited to entrants 18 years and older. Xtra Salty doesn't have the 'X' in his name for nothin'! [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]This special giveaway was open to Sideshow Collectible Newsletter Members only and ran from 11/01/03 to 11/30/03. Five lucky newsletter subscribers were randomly chosen from all eligible entries on December 5th 2003.[/FONT]
trans.gif

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Please note: By entering our contest, you agreed to have your name and state of residence posted to our site if you are drawn as a winner. This information was posted without prior notification. Entrants must be 18 years of age and older. Notification: Five (5) winners were drawn at random on 12/05/03 from all newsletter subscribers. Your first initial, last name and state of residence are posted on our site as a winner. [FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]If you are a winner, you will need to contact us at [email protected] to claim your prize.[/FONT] If prizes are not claimed in 3 days, they will be awarded to the next runner up.
[/FONT]
trans.gif
trans.gif

T. Miller - (CLAIMED)
L. Cummins - (CLAIMED)

trans.gif

trans.gif
Five (5) winners will each recieve the R. Lee Ermey 12 inch figure set, which includes the Original Ermey and the Xtra Salty Ermey. [Click Here]

I have yet to win a Sideshow Contest, If & when I do, PLEASE GOD LET IT BE A VINTAGE MONSTER!:D:rotfl

1103ermey.jpg
trans.gif

[/FONT]
trans.gif
trans.gif

T. Miller - (CLAIMED)
L. Cummins - (CLAIMED)

trans.gif

trans.gif

Feel free to post the chat log from last year where I won the doors of indecision. I am sure you have it.:lol:lol:lol

During the first spooktacular I won a Son of Frankenstein, SSE London After Midnight, SSE Phantom of the Opera, Fritz, and Bela the Gypsy.

earliest and latest ,
my only but wonderful prize :

Congratulations!
You have been randomly chosen as the winner of our EU Survey contest!
We are pleased to award you with a Sold Out Morgul Lord polystone statue (item #9338)!

21/03/2006

My first contest win was not this past SDCC but the one before it... In the chat room I won a set of Grey Art Bucks from Dusty right after a Lorne Peterson chat. It was pretty sweet. :rock

Since then I have won a mouth off contest as well, $100 gift card! :D

I haven't won anything, hopefully I can try hard for this year's spooktacular, I've got classes so that makes things difficult.

Well, I could have won something but I don't care about the hunchback of notre dame.

My one and only win!

Thanks to all our newsletter subscribers who entered to win a Scarface talking 12-inch figure (item #3403) in our 091406SCARFACE contest in last week’s newsletter - it definitely pays to read the Sideshow news! Five random potential winners have been selected… congratulations to:

J. Greco from Hudson, FL
C. Campana from Ruther Glen, VA
C. Rauch from Denmark
A. Hules from Las Vegas, NV
-and-
A. Hawk from Mobridge, SD

All winners have been confirmed! Don’t forget to watch your newsletters for all the best contests and product announcements each week!

Two years ago I won a pt VI Jason and a Pamela Vorhees via a scavenger hunt game. Last year I won a Demon Freddy PF :chew

The earliest I've ever won was the first Spook I took part in....2004 (I think). I got at least 95% of all the contests correct....either just not lucky to get my name pulled or was too slow to beat some of the quicker entries (and believe me, they were tough questions....some had to be given in elvish). Had the following sites open during the whole thing: Freaks board, Freaks chatroom, Sideshow, Encyclopedia of Arda (PLUS my script of the LOTR movies as well as the LOTR Weapons and Warfare book). Yes, it was LOTR-centric that year. It was the last night of Spook and I was pretty much resigned to not having won anything -- but was not too bummed since I had been having a GREAT time regardless. Then I found out that I had won the very last question of the entire Spook....and the prize was an LOTR Stone Trolls enviro.

Was nearly hysterial -- just ask the 20+ folks who were in chat with me that night.:eek:

I won a ton of BTVS 1:6 figs during Spooktacular last year. I also won a couple LOTR helms recently.

The Galactus contest! in the Podcast! a few months ago! i won the FF4 Dio Ex.

And now you're selling it :thwak:nono

I won a newsletter contest last year for a Gimli SSW statue. Arrived broken but it was a great looking piece.

Back