What is next for Asmus?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noooo! I hope not. Maybe it's an unwritten rule that once you make 6 of the fellowship your line ends?

I meant to the idea that Asmus is done. The Legolas looks great in the attachment and the more Tolkien the better.

Last edited:
Hmm....I don't think they have lost the license...they just posted a photo with the Legolas outfit in the background...this better not be the end though...I got thranduil...AMAZING FIGURE

Yea I agree 1/4 or busts seems a possibility....as asmus seems to have a pretty tight grip and a lot of passion on the license...I'm OK with that

I had never heard of them....been collecting for a while, not an expert mind you, but I do have a large number of non hot toys figures along with hot toys figures...so I like to think I have a pretty decent handle on the other companies out there....plus there site does not give you much info really.

I really look foward to their products, having some competition means that asmus has to give their absolute best at a competitive price. This should turn out to be really good for us collectors.

I'm not convinced Molecule is for real. At least not yet. Gonna have to see some actual products come to market before I get excited/worried. That license list seemed a little too high profile for a brand new company. (Kinda felt like a wish list to me.) And now their site seems to redirect only to a contacts page. Perhaps they received some C&D letters?

Last edited:
I'm not convinced Molecule is for real.

Yes, this company looks like fraud. We've been uncovering stuff since last night in the "Molecule8" thread.

If you read their brochure its complete BS. One of their founders hasn't been able to stay with a company longer than a year or so before moving on for the last 15 years. And Kuat found a "subject to be stricken off the record" by the courts that was about to erase this 2-year-old company for lack of action when they suddenly came up with this vacuous brochure that seems to have no direction but promises a lot.

A wait and see approach seems prudent before lauding them as an amazing new company or a complete fraud. It's been all of 2 days.
Either way, they should have been better prepared for internet chatter and conjecture.

Legolas, seemingly. I'm looking forward to this! If they don't change the Vimal sculpt and make everything else up to their Frodo & Sam standards, this should be a very nice figure.

I don't doubt that legolas with have excellent tailoring and accessories since that's one of asmus' strongest points. Based on thranduil I'd say there's a good chance the head sculpt will come out really nice. Can't wait! Also I'm looking forward to the hateful 8 releases, though, I think I'm the minority

I'm eager to see what's coming next for Asmus since my Frodo/Sam set should be arriving today or tomorrow and I won't have any Middle Earth figures on pre-order. Hope they put Legolas up soon! I don't like having gaps! They make me nervous!

NmO4f8EjbscCI.gif

Well we're getting down to the wire here and Asmus is the closest we've ever come to a full Fellowship line-up since Sideshow dropped the line. I truly hope Asmus can manage this great task... but I must say it is not looking good.

Gimli was one of the initial 5 figures mentioned in the excitement of Asmus' getting the LOTR line in 2013. But in those 4 years we have yet to see any development of him. I don't think we've even seen the usual renders that get sneaked years before the figure shows up. Gimli is my fear -- Gimli is the one I worry will again not get made before the license expires (supposed confirmation of the Molecule8 license claims makes one wonder) OR Asmus simply moves on to more profitable lines.

Legolas, Boromir and Gimli are left.

Legolas I believe is a given since we've seen the render and the outfit.

Gimli and Boromir... well, keep your fingers crossed. Someone here mentioned that Asmus posted something on FB I believe to the effect of "finish the Fellowship in 2017" so I truly hope that is the master plan here.

Last edited:
We did see a digital render of Boromir way back too and it looked pretty good from what I remember.

Gimli is definitely a tough one but they said they were working on a Dwarf body that would also accommodate Thorin being produced.

Hard to imagine the line being complete without Gollum though.

Back