What is Hot Toys MMS400?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not saying anything is wrong with people criticizing. My main point was to the people who claim to want things and then Hot Toys makes said figures and they aren't happy because of whatever reason they come up with. A lot of those releases may not be top priorities but still I'm happy with getting them. If others aren't happy then simply don't buy them. Its really that simple but to complain about it after wanting it but then it not living up to whatever standards are in your mind is more of a personal problem for some people in my view.

In a perfect world I wish Hot Toys had a separate division that focused more on the classic/cult figures because realistically between Star Wars, Marvel, and DC the plate is full for them.

I don't see why anyone has a problem with criticism of Hot Toys as long as its constructive and from what I can in the majority of cases here it is. We know HT aren't going to read any of this let alone change their policy because it. No more than a football manager would change his tactics on the basis of fan forums or Snyder altering JL due to complaints on movie forums. This forum is surely just about discussion and interaction with fellow collectors not to get HT to or any other company to change their business model. We aren't that delusional. :lol

I do think its shallow to justify their current approach by just saying they are making whats most popular. In the last couple of years it seems they have alienated a whole group of their customers that spent thousands of dollars with them over a number of years. That seems pretty dumb to me.

Obviously make the Iron Man, SW Troopers, DCEU stuff but don't totally neglect everything else. As I've said many times four Leto Jokers for what was a cameo is massive overkill. I doubt more than one of those figures will actually sell out after the lukewarm reception. If they'd done say two versions, both would have probably sold out and they could have made Catwoman, Penguin, Romero Joker, or Kyle Reese etc. End result would have likely been greater sales and more of the demographic satisfied.

The less said about the prisoner Harley with a teacup the better, no one was demanding that figure.

The Blitzway Ghostbusters seem to have sold out in many places already. That an old 80's flick HT would consider too niche. Die Hard figures would surely sell extremely well, as would Rocky, Rambo, Blade Runner and a ton of other lines. They could easily service the Marvel, SW and DCEU demand while still taking money from the wallets of fans that want something else.
Maybe they feel they can get the same amount of money without expanding the properties. But going into the Harley thread and bashing the figure won't change anything.

Oh man, this thread. I'd change the title but I wouldn't know where to start.

Double click on the line beside the thread title in the main body of the General Collectibles forum. It'll let you edit it.

I recommend calling it The Hot Toys Rant Thread.

In a perfect world I wish Hot Toys had a separate division that focused more on the classic/cult figures because realistically between Star Wars, Marvel, and DC the plate is full for them.

Yeah, that's a very good idea.

I wonder if anyone on their team is more passionate about doing the classic stuff than they are the more modern lines. From an artist's perspective I don't see how doing Armor after Armor could be very fullfilling. **** would get old.

Last edited:
I'm not saying anything is wrong with people criticizing. My main point was to the people who claim to want things and then Hot Toys makes said figures and they aren't happy because of whatever reason they come up with. A lot of those releases may not be top priorities but still I'm happy with getting them. If others aren't happy then simply don't buy them. Its really that simple but to complain about it after wanting it but then it not living up to whatever standards are in your mind is more of a personal problem for some people in my view.

Okay, if we don't like them don't buy them...but we want to buy them that's the problem. :lol
I have little knowledge of the field compared to most here but from my limited experience only Blitzway consistently match Hot Toys at the 1/6 scale now. Everybody will want their fave characters done by the best in the business. It's natural to be a little frustrated and envious of the Marvel crowd getting just about everything they could ever want while others feed off scraps.

I'm happy with 95% of what I get from them in terms of DC though I don't think its unreasonable to expect two sculpts on a $250 figure. I'll still likely shell out upwards of £1k on JL figures next year and love the damn things. :lol I'm no hater.

MikeyTheKid said:
Maybe they feel they can get the same amount of money without expanding the properties. But going into the Harley thread and bashing the figure won't change anything.

I don't see how. If HT did one or two less Leto Joker's are DC fans gonna go running to someone else for their figures? Would Iron Man collectors desert them if they reduced numbers a fraction? Will SW fans stop buying if they don't make that ridiculous porcelain Stormtrooper? I doubt it. However satisfying collectors of other franchises would expand their customer base and get more of us hooked on this hobby without losing any of what they already have.

I bet they wish they'd had a go at the 84 Ghostbusters now and seeing the popularity of the NECA 90s movie Turtles, 1/6 versions of those could be very lucrative for them.

Yep that is the quandary I am a huge fan of high end action figures and a huge fan of Cinema. When I initially saw Batman v Superman I despised it (time, lowered expectations, and the Extended Cut have all given me a far more favorable view of it) but when I saw the Hot Toys Superman figure from the line I had to buy it immediately. The Cinema lover in me hated the movie but the Toy lover appreciated the amazingly made sixth scale figure. The point for me is I will always buy well made figures because that is a passion that I have, but I cannot help being frustrated when the subject matter does not match the amazing artistry of the talented people who created the figure.

I'm actually relieved I'm not into Iron Man or I'd have to remortgage the house to buy them all. :lol DC figures alone are causing me headaches!

Back