What is going on with Photobucket?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm starting to think logging in after this change is what disrupts the third part hosting. I haven't logged in since seeing this thread or receiving an email from them and my pictures on the forum remain up. Valid theory or not?

I also noticed that some members here (and other message boards) still have their Photobucket pics up. Normally I would agree to the theory that logging in is what disrupts the third party hosting, but a select few members have logged in after the change and their PB pics are still gone. It almost seems like PB is picking and choosing who to support based on, perhaps, how long they've been a member of PB, but... that's just speculation on my part.

It's a valid theory, but something is still missing.

I'm starting to think logging in after this change is what disrupts the third part hosting. I haven't logged in since seeing this thread or receiving an email from them and my pictures on the forum remain up. Valid theory or not?

Edit: Were you talking about logging into this forum or logging into your PB account? If the latter is the case, I haven't tried that since I don't use PB anymore. The theory could be complete true if so.

I Edit: Were you talking about logging into this forum or logging into your PB account? If the latter is the case, I haven't tried that since I don't use PB anymore. The theory could be complete true if so.

I haven't logged into PB since the news.

I also noticed that some members here (and other message boards) still have their Photobucket pics up. Normally I would agree to the theory that logging in is what disrupts the third party hosting, but a select few members have logged in after the change and their PB pics are still gone. It almost seems like PB is picking and choosing who to support based on, perhaps, how long they've been a member of PB, but... that's just speculation on my part.

It's a valid theory, but something is still missing.

This may be a better theory than my own. I've been using PB for ten plus years. While I got an email alert they were doing this my third party content hasn't be removed. Shrug.

Wow this sucks. If it were something like $100-$150/year, I'd be stupid enough to bite, but that's outrageous!

So what's plan B for someone who mostly uses the desktop and never posts pics from mobile devices? Photosuckit was a pain in the ass, but I liked having folders and whatnot.

$399 a year?

Bye.

$39.99/month so that's actually $480/year.

I'm right behind ya.

Just curious if anyone else is having issues with photobucket. They "grandfathered" me into keeping my 3rd party hosting until sometime next year; but as of today all of my images shared here are not showing up. I'm not seeing the "upgrade image" but rather just a blank space.

For instance, there should be an image for my signature but it's just a blank square to me.

Looks like it's back now... nevermind :lol

I'll be dumping Photobucket once my "grandfathered" program ends. I just didn't want to have to move all of my images, so when they offered me an additional 2 years at the previous rate I accepted it :lol

I haven't used PB since they started the money grab, but I just went there and logged in. It looks like all my pics are still there and it's free to access again! :yess: I'm glad because it's a library of all my best collection pics, which are hard to find otherwise.

Back