New PhotoBucket changes make it less useful... Alternatives?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Username

Last Son Of Krypton
CF Supporter
Reaction score
For about eight years now i have used PB, and have been pretty happy with the site, even paying to have extra storage.
With the removal of edit mode, and the fact they have taken away the infinite scroll feature, i am set to jump ship from Photobucket. I have been on to them, and the features that have been removed are not going to be added back again.
I need to open up a folder and be able to scroll down, highlighting many images, then with a click, to get all the links i need to paste.
Choice of posting URLs and IMG links preferred.
Any suggestions from people who use sites other than PB?
I don't mind having to pay to get a decent service and storage.
I'd appreciate hearing anyone's views on their preferred photo hosting sites.

i stopped using their awful site months ago
as for alternatives im not sure, i wish to know where i could post pics that will never get deleted, imgur deletes pics after a while

i stopped using their awful site months ago
as for alternatives im not sure, i wish to know where i could post pics that will never get deleted, imgur deletes pics after a while

I have more than 16,000 images in my photobucket account, so i need something reliable with a paid option so i can get unlimited bandwidth and a relatively large storage, plus the ability to select multiple images at once and generate links with a click.
Like i say, i don't mind paying for it.

flickr is nice but i dont know how reliable they are, you can pay for storage, but i dont know if they have an edit mode

Mine are still there from 2 years ago.

Both phone and home machine.

Do you use a specific app. The IMGUR one doesn't seem to want to upload, just to let me look for other people's pics(Unless i am doing it wrong)
Is there a bulk uploader? Or do you have to upload singly?

flickr all the way for me. I never liked photobucket

I am not liking the interface on that one. Seems a bit muddled. Like, how do you select multiple images on the homepage to post links?

For about eight years now i have used PB, and have been pretty happy with the site, even paying to have extra storage.
With the removal of edit mode, and the fact they have taken away the infinite scroll feature, i am set to jump ship from Photobucket. I have been on to them, and the features that have been removed are not going to be added back again.
I need to open up a folder and be able to scroll down, highlighting many images, then with a click, to get all the links i need to paste.
Choice of posting URLs and IMG links preferred.
Any suggestions from people who use sites other than PB?
I don't mind having to pay to get a decent service and storage.
I'd appreciate hearing anyone's views on their preferred photo hosting sites.

I used the Edit mode yesterday - was it removed completely or just some options?

When i say edit mode, i mean the slider at the top that takes it from one page of many, to one single page with all images being shown at once. They got rid of it and apparently it's not coming back.

Ah, gotcha. Agreed, that's annoying they removed it. :cuss

I'm still on photobucket myself. Was there ever a way to delete multiple pictures all in one go? I've got a bunch of pics in my ''funnies'' folder that I never ever use and it seems like I'd have to individually delete each one - which puts me off even bothering.

I'm still on photobucket myself. Was there ever a way to delete multiple pictures all in one go? I've got a bunch of pics in my ''funnies'' folder that I never ever use and it seems like I'd have to individually delete each one - which puts me off even bothering.

There is even now.
I seem to have some issue on my computer where it won't let me use the new tick highlight system(trying to get to the bottom of it. I have done everything PB have suggested and still nothing). If any of you guys on Photobucket could try highlighting images using that system, let me know if it's a problem on my end. But yeah, you are supposed to be able to "tick" every pic on a page, then click delete. That has always been there.

Username if you find a better site please let us know

I will do. So far, the offered alternatives seem harder to use than Facebook. But i will hope i can get some answers soon on the issues i have with imgur and flickr.

Username if you fond a better site please let us know
:exactly:

There is even now.
I seem to have some issue on my computer where it won't let me use the new tick highlight system(trying to get to the bottom of it. I have done everything PB have suggested and still nothing). If any of you guys on Photobucket could try highlighting images using that system, let me know if it's a problem on my end. But yeah, you are supposed to be able to "tick" every pic on a page, then click delete. That has always been there.

:lecture That slider they removed was by far the easiest way to delete, move or tag tons of images in a single stroke. Can't believe they wiped it. :cuss

Back