WHAT IF...HT made a figure line based on Marvel Adaptations from the 70s, 80s & 90s?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which of these figures would you buy?

• Eric Allan Kramer Thor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dolph Lundgren Punisher

• Peter Hooten Doctor Strange

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Re: WHAT IF...HT made a figure line based on Marvel Adaptations from the 70s, 80s & 9

I wouldn't go for anything on that list, but a Toei Supaidaman would be a day-one purchase.

RtnPE1g.jpg

Re: WHAT IF...HT made a figure line based on Marvel Adaptations from the 70s, 80s & 9

Easiest vote ever. Furrigno.

So this thread is proof HT would make bank if they released a Bixby/Ferrigno Hulk and Banner set.

I think the Salinger Cap, Kramer Thor, Hammond Spider Man, Smith Daredevil & Lundgren Punisher would sell well too.

Ferrigno Hulk would make bank in pretty much any scale and format. Problem is no company will ever be able to get his likeness rights, which completely blows.

Ferrigno Hulk would make bank in pretty much any scale and format. Problem is no company will ever be able to get his likeness rights, which completely blows.

Why is that? Universal owns the rights to the character and the TV series and HT is currently making Hulk figures. Sure, his likeness in Avengers is technically Disney but I'm pretty sure Universal had to sign off on all merchandise in some way. I think its a case of HT just having not gotten around to considering doing the Ferrigno Hulk. I think if they wanted to do him, they could.

Why is that? Universal owns the rights to the character and the TV series and HT is currently making Hulk figures. Sure, his likeness in Avengers is technically Disney but I'm pretty sure Universal had to sign off on all merchandise in some way. I think its a case of HT just having not gotten around to considering doing the Ferrigno Hulk. I think if they wanted to do him, they could.

A company named Syco tried to do a Ferrigno statue that never materialized for a few reasons, the biggest being licensing rights. That story inferred that Lou Ferrigno has property rights to his likeness, Marvel has rights to the Hulk, and the network that originally aired the series has parts of the rights. So a company would need to clear all three hurdles before moving forward on a Ferrigno. That's why there's been no collectibles - too many hands in that pot already.

original-hulk.jpg

I'd be all over a 90s Xmen cartoon lineup. Hell yes! Either exactly looking like the toons or made to look more human, I don't mind. Sadly it will never happen :(

Back