WHAT IF...HT made a figure line based on Marvel Adaptations from the 70s, 80s & 90s?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which of these figures would you buy?

• Eric Allan Kramer Thor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dolph Lundgren Punisher

• Peter Hooten Doctor Strange

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

SNIKT1950

Super Freak
Reaction score
WHAT IF...HT made a figure line based on Marvel Adaptations from the 70s, 80s & 90s?

So this is strictly a pipe dream (the chances of this happening have to be in the millions), but what if HT made a "Early Marvel" line composed of all the first live action attempts at the Marvel superheroes?

350ld28.jpg

Given that I've actually seen all of the films/shows that featured these early attempts, I would actually buy most of these figures, if not all. Thought it'd be cool to see who else would drop $200 for a figure to a very early rendering of what are now arguably perfected live-action cinematic renditions of these characters.

-Spider Man and Peter Parker set [Nicholas Hammond from THE AMAZING SPIDER MAN Pilot (1977)]
-Hulk and Banner Set [Lou Ferrigno & Bill Bixby from THE INCREDIBLE HULK Pilot (1977)]
-Doctor Strange [Peter Hooten from DOCTOR STRANGE (1978)]
-Howard The Duck [Ed Gale from HOWARD THE DUCK (1986)]
-Thor [Eric Allan Kramer from TRIAL OF THE INCREDIBLE HULK (1988)]
-The Punisher [Dolph Lundgren from THE PUNISHER (1989)]
-Daredevil and Matt Murdock set [Rex Smith from TRIAL OF THE INCREDIBLE HULK (1989)]
-Captain America and Steve Rogers set [Matt Salinger from CAPTAIN AMERICA (1990)]
-She-Hulk [Brigitte Nielsen from the unproduced SHE-HULK pilot (1991)]
-The Fantastic Four 4-Pack [Alex Hyde White, Jay Underwood, Rebecca Staab and Michael Bailey Smith from THE FANTASTIC FOUR (1994)]
-Generation X 6-Pack [Finola Hughes as Emma Frost, Jeremy Ratchford as Banshee, Amarilis as M, Heather McComb as Jubilee, Bumper Robinson as Mondo & Austin Rodriguez as Skin from GENERATION X (1996)]
-Nick Fury [David Hasselhoff from NICK FURY: AGENT OF S.H.I.E.L.D. (1998)]

It'd be a sick display from some alternate dimension.

Re: WHAT IF...HT made a figure line based on Marvel Adaptations from the 70s, 80s & 9

I'd get a Ferrigno Hulk, but that's about it.

Re: WHAT IF...HT made a figure line based on Marvel Adaptations from the 70s, 80s & 9

Hulk and Spidey.

I know it's not on your list, but as far as Marvel movies Hot Toys has no interest in, I'd love to have a Thomas Jane Punisher figure. He did a great job with the character I thought, and the movie was criminally underrated.

The only 70's character I would want a HT of would be Linda Carter WW.

I know it's not on your list, but as far as Marvel movies Hot Toys has no interest in, I'd love to have a Thomas Jane Punisher figure. He did a great job with the character I thought, and the movie was criminally underrated.

Agreed.

Maybe none but hulk ferrigno

Oops..I clicked none. Thought it was all. I'd buy all. But especially a Lou hulk.

Ferrigno Hulk and that's it.

for how much these figures go for today, I could never justify it

Oops..I clicked none. Thought it was all. I'd buy all. But especially a Lou hulk.

What's nuts is that seeing those 9 assembled...I'd actually be interested in watching that Avengers movie if it'd been made in the 80s.

350ld28.jpg

Cameron was actually going to direct an X-Men movie after ALIENS. Among the proposed cast were Arnold Schwarzenegger as Colossus, Michael Biehn as Cyclops, Sigourney Weaver as Emma Frost and Bob Hoskins as Wolverine. Another WHAT IF? Movie I'd love to watch.

mug1hh.jpg

I've seen most of the originals you mentioned. The Spider-Man costume from The Electric Company was better than the one Hammond wore.
I mean, come on, his eye pieces looked like tea strainers! As has been mentioned by others, I would definitely drop the coin for a Thomas Jane
Frank Castle/Punisher and a proper Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman. I would even consider a Ray Stevenson Punisher if it was done right. Yes,
Punisher:War Zone was horrible, but I like the guy as an actor. Watch Kill the Irishman for a well acted movie. And I would also prefer Reb Brown
over Matt Salinger.
Ryan

I would also prefer Reb Brown over Matt Salinger.

Salinger looked better and the movie was better. That's not saying much though lol

Captain America (Sallinger). The 1990 film wasn't that bad actually, despite some cheesy moments. The two 1979 films were dire.

linda carter wonder woman is almost as iconic as chris reeve superman
ild be very tempted

These people are dead to me.

AIR, Cronnie, Deathstalker, Dingobuzz269, Doomsday, Han Solo, ImABarRoomHero, Invictus Sol, loki2371, melkorjunior, murdomac, reuters, warlock664, yacobschlomo, yodasan

I chose none, too. :lol

This stuff is just too costly for me to consider those.

These people are dead to me.

AIR, Cronnie, Deathstalker, Dingobuzz269, Doomsday, Han Solo, ImABarRoomHero, Invictus Sol, loki2371, melkorjunior, murdomac, reuters, warlock664, yacobschlomo, yodasan

Not on the list :yess: WIN

If someone put a gun to my head then it would be Hasselhoff... but only if I could get some MCU SHIELD figures and set them up looking all confused (I so want an updated, AoS version of Coulson and the Koenig brothers amongst others)

Back