What I did to my 12" Sideshow Luke (10 pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely love the better arm length for Luke. Especially for when he is just in the jumpsuit. I'm not feeling the different headsculpt, but I really love the Sideshow one, I think the look is too different from Jedi... The custom Stormtroopers looks awesome! Just a quick question about the BBI body, are the shoulders/chest narrower, it seems like the vest is bigger on the custom?

bcm77 said:
IMO the GG Luke looks too "dead" and while it works well enough for the Stormtrooper I don't think it's at all suitable for Jedi Luke. I definitely admire the work that's gone into the customs though. How easy was it to remove the heads from the GG mini busts?

The bust head was pretty hard to take off. Spent 30 minutes with a mini hacksaw to take the head off. Any mistake and it would be $30 in the drain.

I am thinking of repainting the SS head to fix the eye and mouth problems. I will post if it looks decent.

I like the switch. I don't like the expression on the SS head. It looks like he just found out the girl he's been wanting to nail is his sister.

Nice job. Cool Troopers too!

Very creative idea, I commend you for even attempting that! :chew

That said, the SS face just "fits" a bit better, the GG works great for the Stromtrooper however. It is funny seeing the SS figure "stripped down" the head looks massive! :google

Your troopers look awesome!
I like your Luke, but I like seperating the Ep4 from 6 and I think the GG head doesnt look all that accurate, but I dont have one and would definitley have to see it in person.

:chew Hey, when did Lou Gossett Junior ever play Mace Windu? :lol :rotfl

There's a lot of dancing Wookies!! I am joing the party.

:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

That GG head is an excellent likeness of Luke from ANH but Mark Hamill didn't look quite the same for Jedi. I personally feel that the SS is a better representation for Luke in Jedi. The hair is just too different for starters. However, the GG is just as good a sculpt as the SS sculpt. They just capture two different Lukes. The body looks nice. Can you attach the SS head to that body or one like it?

Brad

I'll say that I commend your brass cojones for attempting this, and for putting it out there for all of us to see... But I don't really see much improvement. The arms are better, yes... But instead of the "shocked" look that everyone seems to be lamenting..(not me, but whatever), we've got the Snooty butler Luke. The expression looks wrong for the character, but somehow worked for the bust. On the body though, it just looks like he is snob or something..

"Well....I am a Jedi... what are you??"

But impressive work nontheless. Just not for me. I'd rather have my Luke as it is. He looks great besides the arms.

Duckgoo said:
Mace and Luke could have been Jedi buddies.
luke5.jpg

is it me or does that Mace look like Billy Blanks from Tae Bo???

Duckgoo: Love the BBI 3.5 conversion and the Luke head from the GG bust on Jedi Luke is interesting-- that HS kind of grows on you.

Nice work and thanks for sharing.

EVILFACE said:
I don't know who it is, but it looks NOTHING like Mr Jackson.

That's the stunt double who's standing in for Mr. Jackson.....waiting patiently for my Sideshow Mace to show up.

Mortar Conn said:
Duckgoo: Love the BBI 3.5 conversion and the Luke head from the GG bust on Jedi Luke is interesting-- that HS kind of grows on you.

Nice work and thanks for sharing.

That's for the compliments. My Luke 2.0 is ready for show. Watch for it.

Back