What Hot Toy figure/figures have you always wanted but never pulled the trigger ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DX Jack Sparrow - I love the character, but he didn't fit into my display at the time (Marvel/DC figures).

But now, I've started to branch into other licenses (i.e. TWD, James Bond) so I think he would be awesome to the display.

I've never seen the MJ figures cheap.

Never. :lol
Gohastings had the Thriller version listed forever. At one point, you could use their coupon and get it for around $100. The Beat It version hasn't really moved beyond retail price. In fact, you can often get it for less than that:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1BID-HT-Ho...9133?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item565906b49d

The original "Billie Jean Tour" version looks pretty bad in the likeness department, and is from later career, extensive plastic surgery/skin whitened MJ, and for that reason never appealed to me. Bad version MJ was already well on his way :(

Living in AUS - my options for a good deal on select figures get more limited once the initial e-tailer stock runs dry. Shipping to AUS from the US - especially after the fact.. ain't a great option.

Unless it's an almost guaranteed 'hotcake' - I'll wait for local sales. Failing that, I'll get to said pieces when / where the budget allows - if something pops up at a reasonable price.

Right now though.. I can't afford anything. :lol

The dx03bad figure I always wanted and also the robocop figure, now I m getting dx03 bad off my fd for 320usd and preordered the upcoming robo

Yeah the BRJ is a really nice figure set - & I was unbelievably fortunate back in 2009, to get it for DIRT cheap via local e-tailer clearance sale. :cool:

I love it especially, because - apart from being associated with a great sequence in the film, it looks nothing like the traditional purple outfit look - & it makes a nice contrasting piece in my 'Batman & Joker through the ages' cabinet below Keaton & Jack. :rock

Well said. That's why i'm looking forward to Mime Joker, cause it's not the usually purple and green.

Yeah - I'd love to get the DX14 mime Jack.

I'd have West & Romero at the top, Keaton & Mime Jack in the middle, then hopefully a DX Begins Bale (someday) & BRJ on tier 3 - followed by their 3 respective Batmobiles on the bottom of the Detolf. :yess:

I've always wanted the King Leonidas 300 as well. He is so expensive and couldn't afford it :( I once saw this figure on Ebay for $300, but the rubber body was replaced with an ACI gladiator body. Still thinking I should have bought that when it was available..oh well..

Lame but probably The First Avenger Cap. I've always wanted him, but whenever I have enough money, I find something I apparently wanted more at the time. Strange because he's all I need to finish my Captain America display.

Well there's a few for me, first is the 1/6 t-800 endoskeleton but i'm not to worried about that cause they will make another soon and likely out of diecast which will be cooler and I already got the 1/4 scale one so no biggie. Another one which kinda hurts my display is never have getting the 89 joker to go with my 89 bats, its a great figure but I always thought it was over priced for what it is.

The last is the avengers thor, I'm not collecting the avengers line but I do have a classic marvel themed detolf and thor would complete it nicely.

Edit: Just scored a brand new avengers Thor at retail a few minutes ago:yess:

Last edited:
Rambo III
MJ Beat it
Noland
Iron Monger
Jim Gordon
Mark I (2.0)

Mine is the John Connor figure either of the version of the figure...

900411_press01-001.jpg

or this

3911788884_af6c26956e.jpg

This beauty:
idol.png

It used to be a bit out of my price range at $200, so that's why I passed on it originally. But now that most figures are around $200, the price doesn't seem as bad as it used to. Sadly, it has since skyrocketed in price. :(

Duenan Knute
Captain Dallas
Selina Kyle
Iron Man Mk I

Just never quite felt I'd shell out for 'em, dunno why really.

(Bonus toy: not Hot Toys, but RAH Motoko Kusangi also falls in this category for me)

Iron Monger.
Waited for him sooooo long and couldn't afford when released.

Still pissed and sad about it :gah: :monkey2

Last edited:
Iron Man Mark III Battle Damage Version

Didn't buy it because it was too expensive when announced. Only to see the prices go even higher afterwards. Ended up buying the Mark VI BD. Hoping HT will one day make a 2.0 or Diecast Mark III.

Back