What happened to the simpsons ?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uscmhicks

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just figured I would bring this up.
Were the busts the only things made ?.

I would love a homer pf or a dio of the family on the couch . :D
C'mon who doesn't like the simpsons ?.
:banana

simpsons_family.jpg

Moe, Mr. Burns, smithers, Lenny and Carl please!!! Pf's would be spectacular.
"Gah! I'm choking on my own rage here!!!"

They died off just like the dam TV show should, it hasn't been funny since the late nighties.

Weird how Mid nighties humor regurgitated for over a decade plus doesn't work anymore.....

or maybe your getting old....:naughty:rotfl

I have to admit I still find the newer shows funny.
There not much different in my eyes from the older ones. :banana

or maybe your getting old....:naughty:rotfl

I have to admit I still find the newer shows funny.
There not much different in my eyes from the older ones. :banana

I guess that must be it, I am 31 now and have grown up with the Simpsons since my mid teens. frankly i just don't get how it has lasted this long. IMO the show was funny for about 3-4 years and then it just became ridiculously redundant. With the culture becoming more and more morally loose the fartman jokes and the prank calls to Moe's just got annoying.

Simpson's did it! Simpson's did it! Simpson's did it!

IMO, the Simpsons translated into three dimensions just looks odd. I never liked any of the figures (except Mr. Burns, who seems to look decent as a figure)... everyone else looks too bug-eyed.

I'm in the camp of the simpsons going downhill after season 8 or so, with a majority of the episodes after season 11 to be unwatchable. The stories and character development got a little too ridiculous, the humor became less subtle and far less clever. After the advent of Family Guy, I could barely tolerate the resulting episodes of the Simpsons, since they began to incorporate too many random manatee pop culture gags in order to counter the ludicrousness of FG. Did anyone see the mystery episode a few months ago where Nelson was investigating the death of Martin Prince, and for the final 1:30 of the episode, they reproduced the opening credits of Columbo? Horrible... And the retcon of the Marge/Homer love story? Blasphemous...

I read somewhere that one of the showrunners a few years back never really watched the Simpsons, and the result was the de-evolution of Homer to a truly stupid and idiotic character when compared to his classic slow, ignorant, yet lovable persona.

I also bet the current writers of the show are Harvard graduates... funny that early in the Simpsons' life, Roger Meyers made fun of Ivy League grads who thought they could write comedy...

IMO, the Simpsons translated into three dimensions just looks odd. I never liked any of the figures (except Mr. Burns, who seems to look decent as a figure)... everyone else looks too bug-eyed.

I'm in the camp of the simpsons going downhill after season 8 or so, with a majority of the episodes after season 11 to be unwatchable. The stories and character development got a little too ridiculous, the humor became less subtle and far less clever. After the advent of Family Guy, I could barely tolerate the resulting episodes of the Simpsons, since they began to incorporate too many random manatee pop culture gags in order to counter the ludicrousness of FG. Did anyone see the mystery episode a few months ago where Nelson was investigating the death of Martin Prince, and for the final 1:30 of the episode, they reproduced the opening credits of Columbo? Horrible... And the retcon of the Marge/Homer love story? Blasphemous...

I read somewhere that one of the showrunners a few years back never really watched the Simpsons, and the result was the de-evolution of Homer to a truly stupid and idiotic character when compared to his classic slow, ignorant, yet lovable persona.

I also bet the current writers of the show are Harvard graduates... funny that early in the Simpsons' life, Roger Meyers made fun of Ivy League grads who thought they could write comedy...

I remember that episode with Roger Meyers and couldn't agree more with the rest of your post. The show has become just how stupid and absurd Homer has gotten. The humor was once intelligent, is now fleeting with stupidity. Futurama is the only animated comedy I enjoy watching anymore.

I guess that must be it, I am 31 now and have grown up with the Simpsons since my mid teens. frankly i just don't get how it has lasted this long. IMO the show was funny for about 3-4 years and then it just became ridiculously redundant. With the culture becoming more and more morally loose the fartman jokes and the prank calls to Moe's just got annoying.

Simpson's did it! Simpson's did it! Simpson's did it!

Have you even seen the show in the last couple of years? Sure it got bad for a few years, but the original show runners came back and it got good again. Light years better than the dreck of Family Guy, American Dad, etc. Sure it'll change, everything does esp after 20 years, but it's still one of the best shows on tv. Everyone's got different tastes, but I hear this opinion every once and awhile esp from people who grew up with the show who have now outgrown it and feel that anything that's lasted so long can't possibly be good anymore.

Funny. Conan O'Brien who wrote for the The Simpsons from 91-93 went to Harvard.

If current writers went there too doesn't seem like much has changed.

haha... I totally forgot Conan went to Harvard and that was a joke on himself. You got me there and totally destroyed my comment. :lol

All I do know is I don't enjoy the show as much as I used to. It's just a different entity now. I didnt know some of the original showrunners are back, and perhaps I'll try and tune in more next season, but the older guys worked on the movie, and I didnt enjoy that too much either (the whole Alaska plot was way to long and pointless).

I wonder if I'm just catching all the bad episodes. The most recent one I saw during syndication was where Homer thought Marge was cheating on him and he had to traverse his own memories to figure out exactly what happened... I really didn't enjoy it and I could barely keep my attention on the events going on.

The last one I kinda enjoyed was the "24" spoof, but I can't really consider that a "real" episode.

But there is a nigh universal consensus that the best episodes occurred during the 90s, most during seasons 3-7. I haven't seen many top episode lists where post-season 12 shows made the cut.

I agree its a show that has really picked-up recently. Its still not as good as it originally was (and is pretty tired) but its way better than it was around 5 years ago... there were some episodes that were just unwatchable.

But still, Futurama is the better show :lol

Futurama is a far more consistent show with a better ongoing, changing storyline. But to be fair had both the benefit of the years of the Simpsons and only lasted 4 seasons.

I agree the Alaska second act bit from the Simpsons movie was boring, but the 1st and 3rd acts were both good.

There are still clunker episodes to be sure, the show is less consistent than it once was, the high water mark has passed and the show changed some over almost 20 years, but there are some episodes recently that I feel are just as funny and well written as "classic" eps. The one that comes to mind is where Lisa wins a trip to the DC Spelling Bee.

I thought this would be a thread about how bad the show became.

Back