What goes around...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I appreciate the thoughts, all.

And I have been over and over in my mind all kinds of messed up things to do to this guy to get payback. But in the end, it is just to make myself laugh and it is as I mentioned. I do not go after revenge. And I have already steeled myself for the patience that I know I will need through the BS that he is bound to bring to the project. But I make a hell of a lot of money on these particular projects and that alone is motivation to not start a war. I also have worked hard on my reputation through the 16 years that I have been an inspector and I will not jeapordize that either.

I do not know a single person who likes this guy after knowing him for more than an hour. It will be a long 2-1/2 months but I am looking forward to seeing how it plays out in the end.

at the very least start working on an evil laugh to use on him...........:wink1:

"Ah, Kirk. My 'old friend.' Do you know the Klingon proverb that tells us revenge is a dish that is best served cold? It is very cold... in space."

I agree that it's best to treat him how he should have treated you all those years ago.

Let us know how it all goes! I'm really wondering if the guy will mention how he was in the old place or if he would even apologize!

I don't believe in "killing with kindness". Kill him with spite and cruelness.

JK, but I know my anxiety would be through the roof waiting for tomorrow LOL.

But I can't ignore the blazing sense of irony that I feel knowing that 12 years later and 350 miles away at a different company...that man is coming to work tomorrow...as my subordinate.

Well, I can imagine how you feel, but all I can say is "watch your six."

If it was me, I'd never have allowed my company to hire him even to have that feeling of satisfaction.

If he was that big an ass clown you probably better served not hiring him.

Ski - I would go to jail.

Prog - Trust me...it was a last resort. This guy has worked at the Company I am working for right now almost as long as I have been there and my boss knew not to put us together for 8 years or so. Also, this guy did a project at this company about 6 months ago and they almost did not allow him back to the yard.

As I mentioned...I don't know anyone who has known this guy for more than an hour and still likes him.

Today was a short familiarization day for him so there was not much chance for anything to go wrong. But I did make special mental notes of two things...the first being this knucklehead assuring me that he wasn't going to change the way I did things as if he had the authority to do so. I am interested to see where he goes with that.

Second...and more interestingly...I buddy who is also an inspector and was just working with this guy called me today and told me that this guy was telling everyone on his last project that he was going to take my place on this one...things that make you go..."hmmmmmm".

Gotta give the guy some small props, though...he came in humble (at least...for him) and apologized to the people at this facility that he pissed off the worst his last time here.

To be continued...stay tuned.

Document, document, document. Create a paper trail and just make sure that when the time comes to take action, you have the paperwork backing it.

Document, document, document. Create a paper trail and just make sure that when the time comes to take action, you have the paperwork backing it.

yes, this.
At some point when/if he tries to pull some dumb **** and you instantly whip out documentation, not only will he be stopped in his tracks, he'll instantly know you out-maneuvered him too ... :monkey1

I've been batting this around in my mind. But until now I have just not gone to the execution phase. I do believe that I will start a journal specifically for my interaction with him. Thanks for the advice.

I've been batting this around in my mind. But until now I have just not gone to the execution phase. I do believe that I will start a journal specifically for my interaction with him. Thanks for the advice.

Trust me. Been there and done that. Just make sure when your boss asks for it, you give him copies, not the original (which is where I ****ed up). Also make notes of rumors you hear, like from your bud, and note who and exactly what was said.

LOL...Ima get Bobo to...holy ****...you just made me realize that the ass clown could do what Bobo does..he's like 6'4", has teeth like an apalaichan, and is a really goony-looking individual.

:horror :lol

images
images

:rock :rotfl

Yep, as an HR professional myself I've gotta say this is the best advice. It's as simple as making a Word document and making notes with dates. You should already write down the 2 things you've been told. :lecture

Back