What goes around...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Cruel

Super Freak
Reaction score
In 1998 I was working as an inspector for a fairly large company. To make a long story short...things went awry, leaders got fired...and our department was left in chaos.

The supervisor that was hired to get things back on track was the single biggest ass clown that walks the Earth. And after I tried to help the guy get adjusted to the Company, the next two years were spent with me defending myself against an almost daily barrage of attacks from this jerk that I tried everything within the system to get rectified to no avail. I eventually felt the necessity to walk away from a company that I was 5 years in to making permanent part of my future.

Now, despite the fact that I am not a vindictive person, I already got a little payback as I am told that my letter of resignation was the straw that broke the camel's back and got him fired. That was not my intent...but I would be telling an untruth if I said I didn't feel some small sense of satisfaction after hearing that. But I don't play that stuff so it is already more than I need.

But I can't ignore the blazing sense of irony that I feel knowing that 12 years later and 350 miles away at a different company...that man is coming to work tomorrow...as my subordinate.

In 1998 I was working as an inspector for a fairly large company. To make a long story short...things went awry, leaders got fired...and our department was left in chaos.

The supervisor that was hired to get things back on track was the single biggest ass clown that walks the Earth. And after I tried to help the guy get adjusted to the Company, the next two years were spent with me defending myself against an almost daily barrage of attacks from this jerk that I tried everything within the system to get rectified to no avail. I eventually felt the necessity to walk away from a company that I was 5 years in to making permanent part of my future.

Now, despite the fact that I am not a vindictive person, I already got a little payback as I am told that my letter of resignation was the straw that broke the camel's back and got him fired. That was not my intent...but I would be telling an untruth if I said I didn't feel some small sense of satisfaction after hearing that. But I don't play that stuff so it is already more than I need.

But I can't ignore the blazing sense of irony that I feel knowing that 12 years later and 350 miles away at a different company...that man is coming to work tomorrow...as my subordinate.

Let us know how it goes.

When he walks in hand him two things: A sponge and a can a Ajax. Then point him in the direction of the bathrooms.

just be the boss he shouldve been.
Accept him with open arms and very kindly tell him what to ****ing do. .... It will eat at him quietly... he will drink more and more every evening... :monkey1

Accept him with open arms and very kindly tell him what to ****ing do. .... It will eat at him quietly... he will drink more and more every evening... :monkey1

Very good advice, although I would have hard time following it.

This.

Actually something similar happened with my dad

He was passed over for promotion once and it was a clear case of favouritism - well, a decade or so later my dad, as CEO of a competitor, hired the former boss of his who had failed to promote him.

That's how you get loyalty. My dad has done very well and I'm really proud :)

I agree with Occ. People like this you hurt a lot more through kindness. In his mind, any negative behavior shown to him would most likely justify his poor behavior in the past.

His first day on the job take him out to lunch and then make him walk his way back to the office. No but seriously kick him in the jimmy. Not really

Just make sure to CYA, Darth Cruel.
You don't want this guy bringing you down with him.

Once an ass clown, always an ass clown.

Back