what exactly is the point of flexpay?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gagaliya

Super Freak
Reaction score
Can someone explain this to me.

For regular financing such as cars, furniture, tvs etc, you get the item FIRST then you pay it off over time which makes sense.

For sideshow flexpay, you do NOT get the item until the balance is fully paid. So what's the point of doing flexpay? why not just put the same amount of money into a piggy bank instead of giving it to sideshow to keep it for me?

Is it purely because people have absolutely no self control in money management and are unwilling to try save the money themselves?

:confused:

It is so people who don't have the funds all at once have the opportunity to get it as well. I don't see the problem with it.

It is so people who don't have the funds all at once have the opportunity to get it as well. I don't see the problem with it.

I dont get it, if you PO you dont pay everything only the 10% deposit. So how does this make a difference?

why not just put the same amount of money into a piggy bank instead of giving it to sideshow to keep it for me?

thats exactly the issue. Its basically layaway for people how have trouble saving money ahead of time.... :monkey1

In the world of collecting something new might catch your eye and the money you've been saving can grow smaller fast, i see it as a way of commiting to a piece you want.

Can someone explain this to me.

For regular financing such as cars, furniture, tvs etc, you get the item FIRST then you pay it off over time which makes sense.

For sideshow flexpay, you do NOT get the item until the balance is fully paid. So what's the point of doing flexpay? why not just put the same amount of money into a piggy bank instead of giving it to sideshow to keep it for me?

Is it purely because people have absolutely no self control in money management and are unwilling to try save the money themselves?

:confused:

It's basically a lay-away plan. But, for pre-orders, Sideshow actually times the flex-payments to ship at the same time as everyone else (provided that there isn't an early shipment).

Flex pay has become popular, and people have their own reasons for going on the option (those reasons, by the way, which are none of your's or anyone else's business). Paying something off with flex-payments, or paying off entirely in one sum, does it really matter? Everyone's paying for their collectibles.

I always assumed it was for people who didn't want the full charge hitting their credit card at once, otherwise I don't see the point of it either.

Consider the LSF as a new n better reason for Flex-Pay's longevity.

Good chance I will use it for Batman n Hulk.

Its so guys can hide the real price of these things from their significant others. Show her the bill one month and say "See honey, this Batmobile only cost me $60" and hope he doesn't ask next month. :)

Flexpay works for items that are in stock now so you can place an order for an item and secure it if you don't have enough money at the moment before it sells out.
I did that with the Viper exclusive.

Also psychologically, it can encourage someone to place an order for something expensive by making it appear more reasonable.

Hey I'd love to have something similar in the UK, we do have pay half at time of order then other week before shipping at OSB. Spreading it out to 3+ payments would help me personnely a lot.

Its a great way to not pay the whole sum straight away. I know a lot collectors are millionaires that can afford $200 any time of the week but us poor folk need to spread the cost. Surprise releases do not help either.

Its easier to spend 200 dollars a month for five months then send a thousand all at once.you just feel better about the purchase.you don't second guess and say 1000 dollars is a lot of money,maybe I shouldn't spend it,but if its 200 its not that bad.

You paid a fixed $ per month and this is secure your item before its sold out. If you save month by month, the dealers have no obligation to reserve the toy for you. For dealers, they want to move their stock fast and have secure sales. So if you agree to a flex pay, you are securing the toys and dealers are securing the sales. Wn win

Your reserving the item and paying it off. It's pretty obvious, don't like it? Don't use it.

You paid a fixed $ per month and this is secure your item before its sold out. If you save month by month, the dealers have no obligation to reserve the toy for you. For dealers, they want to move their stock fast and have secure sales. So if you agree to a flex pay, you are securing the toys and dealers are securing the sales. Wn win

I think hes saying that you can still preorder it and they are still obligated to reserve it for you while you save the money and hold it yourself till you have enough to pay the full price when it ships.....

Back