what exactly is the point of flexpay?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hes saying if you flexpay or you preorder it you have a reserved spot either way, and since a Preorder isnt up front payment, you pay when it comes, it really doesnt make sense for flexpay.

Heres why. Lets say 3 months in you can't afford to pay your flexpay. They cancel it and you lose your place.

If you had preordered it, you can just take that money you were setting aside on your own and spend it and the only consequence is you have to set aside extra the next few months to make up for it without losing your spot. So yea I see zero sense in flexpay, unless your on a fixed card limit and paying that way, but if your putting yourself in debt to get something thats not out yet and not needed for survival, that makes little sense as well.

Ah, I forgot that you don't have to pay right away with a pre-order. So that pretty much kills the one aspect of Flexpay that made sense to me. :slap :lol

Flex Pay is meant to break up the cost of large purchases. For example, the recent HT Batmobile. $630 is a LOT to spend at once. But if you use the Flex Pay offered, you can pay as little as $53 a month for 10 months. That isn't nearly as bad, and can be easily squeezed into a collecting budget. $630 is a lot harder, even if you are saving up on your own for that one-time payment.

Iunno, still sounds like the same amount of money over the same amount of time to me. :dunno

Flex Pay works for some and just doesn't work for others. If its not your thing, accept it and move on. For others, its a life saver on high dollar items. Its there as an option, but not something Sideshow is forcing people to use. :dunno

The OP was just looking for an explanation. The "absolutely no self control in money management" comment could be seen as a bit of an attack but he sounds genuinely curious to me. Clearly many of us are just as curious. 'Accepting it and moving on' defeats the purpose of this thread.

If there is a tangible benefit to Flexpay I want to know about it for future reference. :)

Flex Pay works for some and just doesn't work for others. If its not your thing, accept it and move on. For others, its a life saver on high dollar items. Its there as an option, but not something Sideshow is forcing people to use. :dunno

:lecture Truth. The only thing I've Flex Pay'd is the Wolverine PF, and that was because I HAD to have it but was unemployed. I have the Luke DX figure on Flex Pay right now, but it's not a lifesaving excuse to use it. I thought about using it for the Batman 1:1, but ultimately decided to hold off until I can see in-hand pictures.

4ug9dx.jpg

Back