what ever became of the commison thread ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh nice repaints! Are you leaving his eyes that colour though?

Love what you've done with the hair.

In real life they look a kind of blue/grey, but Spike as a fantasy character was always portrayed as having quite bright blue eyes. They used to enhance the blue in them due to lighting etc.

eyespg5.jpg

The colour they were on the original paint job is quite close.

Oh nice repaints! Are you leaving his eyes that colour though?

Love what you've done with the hair.

Thanks! No, the eyes are faaar from done, just the first base coat for the outer ring of the iris. Still got a lot of work on Spike's lips and eyes before he is truly finished. Also want to try and make the coat have more weight or hang better... will let you guys know how that turns out.

:rock

I am very happy with my repainted Spike hair, but I am happier that he is not next to yours.
Fabulous Josh!

So who's next?

Once my new silicone gets here I can cast Clem, and get started on his saggy arm sleeves.

I am very happy with my repainted Spike hair, but I am happier that he is not next to yours.
Fabulous Josh!

So who's next?

Once my new silicone gets here I can cast Clem, and get started on his saggy arm sleeves.

Thanks! And fantastic news on Clem! I can't wait to see him finished.

As for who is next, that depends on who gets here first. I am thinking Season 8 Xander is next, but maybe Angel or Vamp Buffy if that group gets here sooner. :rock

Either way I can't wait. Still hoping to score Graduation Day Buffy and Drusilla to repaint them as well.

That looks great Josh. I'd noticed on a few of your recent repaints that the eyes had a touch of the zombie about them (no offense meant) .. very high up almost looking up into the brains...

but the placement and painting of these eyes is pretty much spot on :rock :rock :rock

good stuff my man :cool:

Yes, excellent repaint love.

I love how you've done the hair in particular.

I think after I finish Clem I'm going to try and cast Cordy's face and resculpt some High School hair.

Thanks for the comments guys! I really do appreciate them very much. The hair took me about 5 layers to achieve and the eyes I am very proud of. Really was a joy to paint. I can't wait to do more figures in the line. :duff

Josh, have you or Les repainted Xander to give him the more appropriate complexion instead of the tanned look?

Josh, have you or Les repainted Xander to give him the more appropriate complexion instead of the tanned look?

Not yet... I get my Xander Tuesday. So I will be using a British Black military sweater, Black combat pants and boots to bring out the season 8 comic book version of Xander. Will also repaint him and will probably do some sort of sculpting to show his eye wound. :rock

I would have attempted mine but I have no idea how to properly paint 5:00 shadow.

Oh dude, it's really not that hard. For a Loooong time I had problems with it, but I have it nailed now. All you do is first use Burnt Umber, water it down and brush it on with a small brush, coming down across the jaw from the top down. You can blend the top edges with your fingers. And even if it looks rough at that stage it's ok. It's only the groundwork.

After that, you mix a darker brown and do this again, doing a bit more to hit the bottom edges and the mustache. Really this is just to show variation in and give it a realistic look.. You also blend this with your fingers, although carefully.

Lastly, when you do your blending coat of skin tone for the head, go over the stubble grade you painted in the earlier stages, but mostly on the upper area... blend with fingers... This makes the hair look as if it is "in" the skin and not just on it. After that I sometimes come back again with brown and blend some more to get the look I want. Fingers are key, don't be afraid to use them. Best blending tools ever. :rock

Thanks Josh, I greatly appreciate the tip. I'm going to try this on a few of the heads I've got laying around from the nude figures I've accumulated.

Last night I took an old sideshow head and added some sculpey to it, and vamped him out ala Whedonesque vamp style for a random baddie.

I hate when there's no one for the hero to beat up.

Thanks Josh, I greatly appreciate the tip. I'm going to try this on a few of the heads I've got laying around from the nude figures I've accumulated.

Last night I took an old sideshow head and added some sculpey to it, and vamped him out ala Whedonesque vamp style for a random baddie.

I hate when there's no one for the hero to beat up.

That's a really cool idea! I thought of doing that as well!! Would be cool to have some random bad guys. Maybe one with a hole in the chest, painted to look like he was starting to "dust". :rock

Back