What Do You Do?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's not the thumb, it's the ptsd the army tagged me with when i got out cause i admitted to having insomnia/nightmares and being jumpy around sudden loud noises. it's an unwritten, unspoken practice to not hire guys who may go "rambo". i've been to oodles of dr.'s who have cleared me, but in our litigious society it's a no go despite all my training and experiences. considering all the crap/lack of support cops get in nyc and all the good ole boy cops doing bad things off the clock up here, i don't want it anymore. thanks for the comment.

Oh man, sorry to hear about that. Sucks that you can be written off as something and then it's over- no matter what you do, people won't listen.

I can understand both sides of the story. I am glad you have moved past it. Hopefully you will find something better. :banana

about to finish grad school @ FSU with my master's in social work...doing my final internship at the VA hospital and hopefully gonna have a job upon completion the first of august.

This has been a great thread to read with all the diversity.
As for me, I am now a medically retired USAF Major. Now I spend my time as a house husband:woo for my wife and 8 yo daughter. I am also finishing my Masters degree in Business Management with an Information Technology Management focus, and working on my Microsoft Certifications for A+/Network/Security.

house husband at the moment. got laid off last year. also a disabled vet. got my thumb blown off by an ak round in iraq. it's been re-attached but it's not as mobile or strong as it was. disability keep the bills paid, i'm just looking for something meaningful to do with my time. cops don't want me, i won't stoop to a mcjob and i'm not crazy enough to go pmc. i've been fidgeting with custom hat making as a hobby/veterans craft activity, had a few off the books customers, i'm thinking of making it official....

I just wanted to say "THANK YOU" for your service and sacrifice to our Country. Whenever I see someone in the military I just want to shake their hand and say thanks. It’s because of you guys that we have freedom to do whatever it is we what to do. Even play with our dollies.:naughty My nephew is going back in a few weeks and I lost a very dear friend over there in Iraq. So I know it’s hard, but I believe it will all work out for you. My prays are with you and your family. God Bless you Bro. And you too Blueleader thank you. You guys ROCK!!!!

Last edited:
Served 9 years in the Navy straight out of high school. Enjoying "civilian life" now as an engineering technician for a mobile technology company :cool:

I just wanted to say "THANK YOU" for your service and sacrifice to our Country. Whenever I see someone in the military I just want to shake their hand and say thanks. It’s because of you guys that we have freedom to do whatever it is we what to do. Even play with our dollies.:naughty So I know it’s hard, but I believe it will all work out for you. My prays are with you and your family. God Bless you Bro. And you too Blueleader thank you. You guys ROCK!!!!
YES!
13.gif

thanks-1.gif

5.gif

I'm 32 and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I have job that pays the bills but I hate it. I really need to go back to school but the long hours at work prevent me from going back, not to mention that I have 2 kids, a wife and a mortgage so I have to work all the time. My job literally has me by the balls and I know physically I can't do that forever, so right now I'm really in a place where I need to get off my ass and figure something out QUICK.

Registered Nurse. I work in an Emergency Department. Before this career I was an IT guy. I still do that on the side actually.

Ive been a Veterinary assistant at a zoo. I was also an assistant manager at a stud farm. Until recently i ran my own plumbing business which lasted just over 7yrs. Now im working part time jobs and generally messing about, but paying the bills of course. Thankfully we dont have a mortgage anymore :banana

So I know from previous threads:

1. What you look like; and
2. Where you're from.

Taking it one step further... What do you do (if anything) for a living?

I do planning and administrative work for the National Health Service by day and some occasional Karaoke hosting/DJ-ing by night.
--

1. Korean version of Joe Pesci.

2. Seoul, Republic of Korea (South Korea).

3. I work full-time in HR Administration/Information Technology. I work part-time for an ISP.

I'm not sure if I posted this already...but whatever....I'm a Graphic Designer currently working for the NFL (National Football League for you International Folk). It's cool...alot of work...and veeerrryyy long days!!

I'm not sure if I posted this already...but whatever....I'm a Graphic Designer currently working for the NFL (National Football League for you International Folk). It's cool...alot of work...and veeerrryyy long days!!

sweet! what exactly do you do?

I'm a student again, pursuing my second bachelors in Web Design and New Media in San Fran. I used to DJ and some small scale production in Tampa for a few years, and I'm dabbling in and out of that all the time :cool:

Back