What Do You Do?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work for NM DOT, I keep our roads safe from stupid truckers who should be flipping burgers somewhere, not driving 80,000 lbs of killing power down the road.

King Darkness said:
I work for NM DOT, I keep our roads safe from stupid truckers who should be flipping burgers somewhere, not driving 80,000 lbs of killing power down the road.
But as one of them told me once on why they drive so fast in horrible weather: "You have to understand, we're professional drivers.":rotfl :rotfl

Bannister said:
But as one of them told me once on why they drive so fast in horrible weather: "You have to understand, we're professional drivers.":rotfl :rotfl

:monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

You would stunned at the amount of times I have heard that. Professional idiots is more accurate.

i finally found a decent job. im a night manager at a local gym. i work 10pm-8am. its pretty boring so far, but i get paid to work out and will have free time to do homework once the new semester starts up.

Im so glad the FAA has such strict standards on flight training. Could you imagine those idiot drivers in an airplane??

My parement job is working at a damm what is the english worth for it.

A men who sells fresh fish on a market. It pays good money so that I can buy more Lotr Pf's

And my other job is working sometimes at a local Merchandise shop that sells Sideshow stuff.:cool:

And when I have some time over I cut and edit dvd's or built a little website.

I'm still a student; I'm double majoring in Spanish Teaching and Humanities Composite Teaching with a minor in French; once I graduate I'll get my master's in pedagogy and later get my PhD. I'll probably want to teach high school until I can get a job at a university, albeit after I've obtained my doctorate. I don't have a job though--I live off of my scholarships; luckily they cover tuition and all of my other bills, and there's even enough for my collecting! So it does pay to get good grades.............

nash said:
Im so glad the FAA has such strict standards on flight training. Could you imagine those idiot drivers in an airplane??

I wish the CVSA(Commercial Vehicle Saftey Association) standards were just HALF as strict!!!

All you have to know is how to shift, and many cant even do that:monkey4

Update: My dogwalking company is doing VERY well. We're coming up on our one year anniversary in February. Most businesses fail within 6 months, especially here in Manahattan, so we're very happy to be well in the black.

My acting career continues it's slow move upwards. I've signed on for a reading of a new musical co-written by an emminent Broadway diva, and I've been given the number of the CD at Law & Order: CI, so we'll see how that goes. I've also taken a bit of a detour into cantoring professionally for my church, which is a paid gig that went straight to my resume. It's wild deposting a check from the Roman Catholic Church, let me tell you.

And the toy business is going very well, also. The holidays see me quite backed up, but slowly working through the backlog of Anakins, Obi-Wans, Striders, and Jack Sparrows. Maybe someday I'll have time to finish that Baron Harkonnen I've been working on!!

Customikey said:
Update: My dogwalking company is doing VERY well. We're coming up on our one year anniversary in February. Most businesses fail within 6 months, especially here in Manahattan, so we're very happy to be well in the black.

My wife and I own a dogwalking/petsitting company here In the South Bay of Southern California.. The business has been going for about 15 years now and pulls in 250-300k a year, mind you about 80-90k of that goes towards salaries... Lots can be made from picking up poop.

Customikey said:

My acting career continues it's slow move upwards. I've signed on for a reading of a new musical co-written by an emminent Broadway diva, and I've been given the number of the CD at Law & Order: CI, so we'll see how that goes. I've also taken a bit of a detour into cantoring professionally for my church, which is a paid gig that went straight to my resume. It's wild deposting a check from the Roman Catholic Church, let me tell you.

And the toy business is going very well, also. The holidays see me quite backed up, but slowly working through the backlog of Anakins, Obi-Wans, Striders, and Jack Sparrows. Maybe someday I'll have time to finish that Baron Harkonnen I've been working on!!

Yea, odd to collect a check from them without getting touched by a priest, OH NO !!!!!!!!!!! That was horrible, I apologize God, don't smite me.

I'm a student finishing up my last year with a triple major, let me tell you, that sucks, stupid to do it. Anywho, once that finishes up, I'll probably be a financial analyst at a mortgage bank like the one I work at now. My DREAM job would be to work at the hollywood bowl though, love that place...

Bodie The Cursed said:
My wife and I own a dogwalking/petsitting company here In the South Bay of Southern California.. The business has been going for about 15 years now and pulls in 250-300k a year, mind you about 80-90k of that goes towards salaries... Lots can be made from picking up poop.

Are you freaking serious? Time to get me some leashes and pooper scoopers, that's good money. Where in SoCal are you, I want a job...

While trained and certified in secondary education, I'm working as a children's behavioral clinician. The worst part is the lack of stability in hours (and therefore steady pay), but it's certainly interesting work.

Right now, I'm spending five hours a day one-on-one with an 18-year-old with mental retardation. He can't read, write, do math, constantly mixes the real world with one filled with imaginary friends like Rocky, Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, etc. And if he gets angry, he can't control himself well and will try to strangle and/or punch me.

And tomorrow I'll be picking up a new client for the afternoon. From what I've read in his file, he is grossly defiant, kicks, bites, screams, tells his parents "I don't have to do this, and you can't make me", etc...

Oh yeah, and he's three and a half years old BTW... :rolleyes:

I am a (Sub)Contracts Engineer, administrating Subcontractors and main contract, communications, meeting administrations, tendering stages...etc

Working for Oil & Gas Industry at a big project in Sakhalin Island (background civil engineering though)

Sith Lord 0498 said:
While trained and certified in secondary education, I'm working as a children's behavioral clinician.
I commend you BIG time.

it takes so much patience and toleration to work with the kind of people you work with and IMO there are far too few people who care about the needs these people have at no fault of their own.

:rock

I'll start from the beginning and answer all 3.

1. I look like Uncle Fester from the Adams Family tv show except with hair.

2. I was born in Alamogordo NM, lived for 26 years in Albuquerque and now live in Seattle.

3. I work in the finance dept for a medical company (I pay all the bills.)

Back