What do you do with boxes?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you do with the boxes?

• Throw them after unboxing because no space

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • Store them after unboxing as you have enough storage room

Votes: 82 84.5%
  • Hire separate storage space

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • Other solution please specify

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
I'm reaching a point where the question isn't where to put the boxes, but where to put the collectibles. Need a bigger house....

Borderline hoarder: buried alive :lol Damn part of my house is like that too. :gah:

"But I swear, this stuff is valuable!" "Its not just junk, you can't just throw it away!!!" :monkey2

:lol :lol :lol

These pics are fairly old, but you get the idea... I've got a closet (in the collection room) and some shelves in the garage for boxes. Neither are pretty; but since you aren't looking at them all the time they get the job done and don't interfere with the rest of the house.

storb.jpg

stora.jpg

just started stacking them behind the detolfs .......looks ok, in two minds wether to stick them up the attic

who is that?.....
You could do what this guy does with his boxes :)

https://youtu.be/b-8gDqMm_zQ

Meh too much effort.

that video was kinda dumb... very dumb actually.

This is the current state of my second bedroom....

img2297ps.jpg
img2298qq.jpg
img2300ba.jpg

It was worse 2 days ago when there were 10 or more boxes stacked in.

I ended up throwing/recycling the boxes of following statue:

Iron Man Mark I Maquette Ex
Iron Man Mark VI Maquette Ex
Warmachine Maquette Ex
Black Cat PF Ex
She Hulk Comiquette Ex
Mary Jane Comiquette Ex
Attakus Ezio Statue
Lara Croft Ex
Scarlett Witch Ex
Black Queen Ex
Attakus Cecil
Captain America Bucky Ex
Jack Sparrow PF Ex
Both my Terra Crusher Nitro Trucks
and few other....

Damn frustrated... and so is my wife....:slap:slap

LOL you could at least try to organize them instead of having everything thrown all over the place, make neat "tetris" piles at the bottom floor of the bed, for now at least lol, like, make a neat pile of some of them next to Wonder Woman. some of the brown ship boxes could be flatten and put under the bed or something, I see you have bags with stuff too,

I've seen empty Hot Toys boxes for sale on ebay, wassupwithat?

Do people actually buy them, and if so :cuckoo:

Truthfully a box can add quite a bit of value to a figure; or more accurately figures w/o a box are generally worth 10-20% less than those with. So if someone bought a figure loose w/o the box or tossed the packaging and later regretted it; buying a box on eBay can be a way to increase the value of the figure.

Or conversely if you are just going to toss them in the trash why not try to make a bit of money off of them :huh

I tossed most of mine and now regret it as I will be selling some stuff soon, keep em' if you can and if you cannot fit all of them - choose intelligently on what you are likely to sell later.

"But I swear, this stuff is valuable!" "Its not just junk, you can't just throw it away!!!" :monkey2

:lol :lol :lol

These pics are fairly old, but you get the idea... I've got a closet (in the collection room) and some shelves in the garage for boxes. Neither are pretty; but since you aren't looking at them all the time they get the job done and don't interfere with the rest of the house.

storb.jpg

stora.jpg

Wow .... so neat :clap

Errr ... not so neat :lol

Last edited:
Back