What do you do with boxes?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you do with the boxes?

• Throw them after unboxing because no space

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • Store them after unboxing as you have enough storage room

Votes: 82 84.5%
  • Hire separate storage space

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • Other solution please specify

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Right now I'm storing the boxes in a few closets. But I sometimes wonder what's the point. It's not like I'll ever display the boxes and they only seem to be taking up space. If my collection ever gets "large enough" I'll probably have to start recycling them, or just sell them off on EBay.

My problem is I have more storage space than display space..:gah:
I have a cellar were all my boxess go..:yess:

Image0244.jpg

Image0247.jpg

Image0248.jpg

A nice problem to have! :lol

However you dont have enough statues from the looks of it :lecture ;)

This is what I usually do with the boxes.:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhwbxEfy7fg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhwbxEfy7fg[/ame]

Ah, empty boxes, the bane of every statue and figure collector... :lol

Even though I can't ever see myself selling much of anything, still gotta keep all the boxes in care I move house, or need to switch any pieces or and store them away, or if I get hit by a bus (or whatever), and my family wants to get rid of all, or most, of this stuff.

But damn do they ever take up room. Currently there's boxes under my bed, in the hall closet, in another closet, and taking up probably a third of the 'spare' room. If/When I run out of room in there I don't know what I'll do to be honest...and God help me if I ever need to ove into a smaller place. :lol

My God I have a ton of boxes. I use a utility space on the back of my garage for the empties... But it's filling way too fast. Sideshow is killing me with all these big items like the PF boxes or Yoda's hut etc.

This is the current state of my second bedroom....

img2297ps.jpg
img2298qq.jpg
img2300ba.jpg

It was worse 2 days ago when there were 10 or more boxes stacked in.

I ended up throwing/recycling the boxes of following statue:

Iron Man Mark I Maquette Ex
Iron Man Mark VI Maquette Ex
Warmachine Maquette Ex
Black Cat PF Ex
She Hulk Comiquette Ex
Mary Jane Comiquette Ex
Attakus Ezio Statue
Lara Croft Ex
Scarlett Witch Ex
Black Queen Ex
Attakus Cecil
Captain America Bucky Ex
Jack Sparrow PF Ex
Both my Terra Crusher Nitro Trucks
and few other....

Damn frustrated... and so is my wife....:slap:slap

Borderline hoarder: buried alive :lol Damn part of my house is like that too. :gah:

Clearly, you are unmarried.
Yes....no one loves me :monkey2 :monkey2

@Sarvesh
That pic looks like it straight out of the hoarders show. :lol

The brown shipping boxes are all flattened out while the art boxes are what holds the roof of my place.

@Sarvesh
That pic looks like it straight out of the hoarders show. :lol

The brown shipping boxes are all flattened out while the art boxes are what holds the roof of my place.

? Why flatten the brown boxes then?

We have a rental property in atlantic city.last year it was a 2 bedroom.the tennents moved out and I quikly changed it to a one bedroom .now I have a room just for my boxes.maybe next year it will be a studio with all these new hot toys and enterbay releases.

Back