What did you think of The Force Awakens?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What did you think of The Force Awakens?

• It was great!

Votes: 88 50.0%
  • It was good.

Votes: 49 27.8%
  • It was okay.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • It was not good.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • It was terrible!

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters
I had a crappy experience seeing it the first time, then went back on Monday and loved it. Two months ago if you predicted a 95% Rotten Tomato score I would have said that's wishful thinking. It's nice to see so many are having fun.

What's with the Man of Steel comparisons? Man of steel wasn't that well received when it came out.

I actually haven't made it through Fury Road, either. I got it cheap on BR and I don't dislike anything about it, but it doesn't hold my attention. i know everybody loves it so I'm willing to cop to my character flaw. :lol

I thought it was a fun movie. I'll be seeing it again and definitely one I will own.

My biggest issue is how Rey was able to fly the Falcon so well so fast. And also beat Kylo. That defeat really bugs me since Kylo was much more skilled than Rey.

I wouldn't have mind seeing Rey loose but get away this time and then return to beat him in 8. It's almost like Rey didn't have to learn anything.
That just my 2 cents.

I thought it was a fun movie. I'll be seeing it again and definitely one I will own.

My biggest issue is how Rey was able to fly the Falcon so well so fast. And also beat Kylo. That defeat really bugs me since Kylo was much more skilled than Rey.

I wouldn't have mind seeing Rey loose but get away this time and then return to beat him in 8. It's almost like Rey didn't have to learn anything.
That just my 2 cents.

I remain undecided on Rey's excelerated force knowledge....I believe she recalled prior training before being dump on Jakku. When Imthink about other examples "Luke" he had very minor (hours) training from Ben he was able to deflect lasers from the training ball. He was able to trust and use all three hours worth of training to blow up the Death Star. Then in Empire (without additional training) he was able to call the sabre to him in the Wampa's cave. Appears if you have the force pretty easy to use.

Were you in the theater for MOS?

I guess I'm cheap because I don't like to walk out on something I paid for. The only movie I walked out of the theater on was the Nightmare on Elm Street remake.

Nah, I was at home. I'm not a Zack Snyder fan so I avoided the cinematic release, but I'll give anything a go on the small screen. Except Baz Lurhmann, I gave up on him years ago.

I walked out on Mad Max: Fury Road. Hard to re-engage after falling asleep twice.

That's odd because most people I've talked to really enjoyed it. I haven't seen it yet, but it's on my January playlist. I hope it's at least good fun.

That's odd because most people I've talked to really enjoyed it. I haven't seen it yet, but it's on my January playlist. I hope it's at least good fun.

Depends on what you like...freaks in car chases with a "main" character that talks a total of 10 mins (least in what I watched).....I didn't find much appeal.

That just my 2 cents.

Kylo was injured, bleeding and had the light and dark side of the force messing with his mind. The force was 'awake' in Rey and was surging through her. If we are meant to believe that the force is strong surely it's not too hard to believe.

I imagine in Ep 8 Kylo will come back stronger and kick Rey's a$$ at some point.

I enjoyed it. I know some have called it derivative, and it did have a certain amount of ANH Redux + ROTJ in it, but yeah... SW is alive for me once again after the prequels.

A solid 9/10.

I remain undecided on Rey's excelerated force knowledge....I believe she recalled prior training before being dump on Jakku. When Imthink about other examples "Luke" he had very minor (hours) training from Ben he was able to deflect lasers from the training ball. He was able to trust and use all three hours worth of training to blow up the Death Star. Then in Empire (without additional training) he was able to call the sabre to him in the Wampa's cave. Appears if you have the force pretty easy to use.

I haven't seen the film since Thursday, but I'm guessing she's attempted using force powers before. When Han mentioned about the Sith being real, that concept wasn't there in the original trilogy, and since he never explained it, I'm assuming a lot of people were knowledgeable of the force.

I also believe she had prior training, like you said.

Pretty much in agreement with most people

As magical as the first Star Wars film I've seen

I instantly liked all the characters less Ren

Great reboot, crushes the prequels like a bug...

Looking forward to JJ Abrams rendition of the new trilogy

So long as Lucas stays far away

Fin serves as the new Han Solo of the series - "bad guy" turned good - comic relief

Rey - likeable unlikely hero ala Luke Skywalker

Oscar Issac character .... I think is gonna be the Lando of the new series

Ren obviously second rate Vader

A lil too much parallelism with new hope

I think Episode 8 is gonna drop a similar bombshell on us like the original Empire Strikes Back did in its hay day

Maybe Oscar Issac betrays the team

Back