What did you get for Christmas?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been doing some research as well. Yes, they are expensive but the old adage rings true, "you get what you pay for."

The sites I've been looking at they run from $400 (DC33 Multi Floor) to $650 (DC28 Animal).

The DC24 Multi Floor is an excellent model. It also comes in "Animal" version too. I'm not sure if you have pets or not.

Also Jen, they have some nice reviews on You Tube. :)

I do have a pet - but I read that it is exactly the same vacuum - the animal just has extra attachments...and all the ones I saw were about $150+ more. I just bought mine for $349. Best price I have seen for a new model. They also had the DC33 for around $320 - but I went with the DC24 because it has the ball feature so I can zip around my house with ease. :)

What I got:
Work clothes (Needed some since I outgrew older clothes in my time without a job)
$100 gift card to Jos A Bank
Jurassic Park Blu-Ray Trilogy
Lego HP Years 1-4 (360)
Lego POTC (360)
Lego Clone Wars (360)
Bose headphones
$250 to put towards going to Comic-Con next year

I do have a pet - but I read that it is exactly the same vacuum - the animal just has extra attachments...and all the ones I saw were about $150+ more. I just bought mine for $349. Best price I have seen for a new model. They also had the DC33 for around $320 - but I went with the DC24 because it has the ball feature so I can zip around my house with ease. :)

Wow! :google

$349 is a great price! The cheapest DC24 I saw was $409 and they were charging $50 more for the Animal. You got a steal!

Please drop me a message after you use it. I know Dysons are the best on the market but I don't know anyone who has actually has one. :lol

Thanks in advance!

Dead Island (PS3)
Bridemaids (Bluray)
X-Men First Class (Bluray)
Another HT Alice
A rice cooker
Resident Evil S.T.A.R.S. Badge
Harkins gift card set
iTunes gift card ($50)

I want a Dyson too.

I would really LOVE to have another Filter Queen, best sweeper ever made, but they no longer make them. My mom bought our's back in the early 70s and it still runs, but the poor thing is falling apart piece by piece. Can't get it fixed anymore. :(

A History of Philosophy, W.Windelband
pea coat
french press coffee pot
Life After Death and Time and the Batman hardcovers
Dracula (75th Anniversary)
The Black Hole
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends (Season 1)
Samurai Jack (Season 2)
new black zip-up sweatshirt with a huge hood

My favorite thing was a very happy niece. Thanks Santa. :santa

Wanted one for years, maybe this year I will actually loose that extra 30 pounds and get myself one.

As for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, tomorrow night! :yess:

Being a loner has it's perks. Not many gifts to buy, for others.......:wink1:

I did receive some cash and a gift card, also finally got a Kitchen aid Pro 600 mixer........:yess:

Picked myself up a coat and some other clothing, Misc. kitchen supplies, a sharpening stone, got rid of my glasses and finally I'll be getting my bike dyno tuned in the next couple days..........:woo

For the Kitchen knives... I have an alright set that needs a better edge. Stones aren't as easy to find as I thought. Seems most people use those slide through sharpeners...:monkey4

Still love the bike. I'm starting to plan where I want to go next year....

His mother. :lol

For the Kitchen knives... I have an alright set that needs a better edge. Stones aren't as easy to find as I thought. Seems most people use those slide through sharpeners...:monkey4

Oh yeah. I forgot you cook. I thought you might have a K-bar or something.

mr. thrifty said:
Still love the bike. I'm starting to plan where I want to go next year....

Go to DisneyWorld. If you drive straight it's only...3093 miles. And scenic.

A History of Philosophy, W.Windelband
pea coat
french press coffee pot
Life After Death and Time and the Batman hardcovers
Dracula (75th Anniversary)
The Black Hole
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends (Season 1)
Samurai Jack (Season 2)
new black zip-up sweatshirt with a huge hood

My favorite thing was a very happy niece. Thanks Santa. :santa

That's the best gift.

Wow! :google

$349 is a great price! The cheapest DC24 I saw was $409 and they were charging $50 more for the Animal. You got a steal!

Please drop me a message after you use it. I know Dysons are the best on the market but I don't know anyone who has actually has one. :lol

Thanks in advance!

I have had an older model DC15 for about 5 years, it does have it's issues.
First be prepared to thoroughly clean the vacuum head and the tank, at least once every year, the plastic can build up a layer of scum that's not easy to get off. The filter needs to be replaced once every two years, sooner if you use it a lot. But these are problems you'll incounter with other vacuums.
Specific to the Dyson though, the damn hose for the telescopic wand is a real b*tch to use, the tension and restrictiveness of the hose forces you to fight it when in use, not a good experience. The DC15 is also heavy, my mom tried it and hated how heavy it is, not just lifting it but the weight also effects how you maneuver it since all the weight is in the ball. The ball isn't easy to transition from hard floor onto a rug, this is more of an inconvenience.

The biggest issue was a major wiring design flaw, the vacuum wouldn't turn on one day, after looking for answers online, I discovered there's a bunch of wires from a wiring harness that transitions through a joint that's a problem on all DC15 vacuums. They made a few of the wires too short and after much use, the wires stretched wore and broke. It was an easy fix for me, all I did was add more of the same type of wire, soldered them in and wrapped with heat shrink, works just like new. However if I didn't know what to do, a job that cost me $3, would've cost me $100+ to get someone else to fix.

It's still a nice vacuum, no bags and it does pick up what other vacuums leave behind. But just a little too expensive (about $550). Mine was a gift from my boss, otherwise I wouldn't have bought one myself.

I'm sure the newer ones have improvements, but it just goes to show you there's some hype associated with the Dyson vacuum.

Back