What Console To Buy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Game Console is Best dvd/bluray/games

• Total voters
I own both the PS3 and Wii and opted out of the 360. And honestly, if I could choose only one it would be the PS3. Pound for pound, I think the PS3 and 360 are closely comparable. The Blu-Ray Player is a BIG bonus in favor of the PS3. I didn't even take the Blu-Ray capability into consideration when I bought it, but now I think I made the right choice and couldn't imagine not having it. I'm that impressed with the PS3. I just have no desire to own a 360 at all. There was at one time when I did and the only thing that I wish the PS3 had that the 360 does have is the option to play your own downloaded music during game play (which is very cool in my opinion.)

I have a friend of mine who owns all 3 and swears by the PS3 and on a side note is on his THIRD 360 because the first two have "fried out" and no longer work. Thankfully, he has enough money to replace them whenever he wants. :lol

umm... anything else. that game is way overhyped. buying a console for one game is kind of crazy, but doing it for a game that isn't coming out for well over a year is just dumb.
~~if you get a 360 make sure you can afford LIVE and Gears/Halo/ or whatever online game you might like.
~~if you get a PS3 make sure you can afford to buy MGS4, Uncharted, and some movies. (if you get Call of Duty 4 i'll see you online!!!)
~~if you get a Wii make sure you get extra controllers and booze, because once you have these you and your friends won't need much else besides Wii Sports that comes packaged with the system. (IMO this is the ultimate system for parties!!)

Hell i'm getting a PS3 for GoW3 I don't care what the people say ima do it :D

I think it's sad that a "gaming" console has to have Blu-Ray be such a big part of it's selling point :lol

I'll just say that I wouldn't own a PS3 if it didn't have BR. Hell, I don't even own a PS3 game right now

I think it's sad that a "gaming" console has to have Blu-Ray be such a big part of it's selling point :lol

Nonetheless, it's a marketing strategy that worked. Don't get me wrong though. I do agree with you. I think the main focus of gaming consoles SHOULD BE gaming which is your point.

Can't the same be said for the Xbox 360 and its HD DVD compatibility kit? In the "early days," I know quite a few people who dropped an additional $100 on the conversion kit just to play HD DVDs.

I think it's sad that a "gaming" console has to have Blu-Ray be such a big part of it's selling point...

When I bought my PS3 I didn't even have an HD TV and couldn't have cared less about Blu-Ray. Then when I caught on to it, guess what? I had a Blu-Ray player and I didn't have to buy some stupid add-on for it either. I think it's really dumb for anyone who owns one to say "it's just a BD player", 'cause most of the time they haven't even played a game on it or just don't give them a chance (you fall into that category).

When I bought my PS3 I didn't even have an HD TV and couldn't have cared less about Blu-Ray. Then when I caught on to it, guess what? I had a Blu-Ray player and I didn't have to buy some stupid add-on for it either. I think it's really dumb for anyone who owns one to say "it's just a BD player", 'cause most of the time they haven't even played a game on it or just don't give them a chance.

That's the exact same thing that happened with me Ill. I never bought the PS3 for the Blu-Ray player. In fact, I honestly didn't understand all the hype behind Blu-Ray. (Now I do though. It's amazing! :D) But originally, I bought the PS3 because I wanted a "powerhouse" of a gaming console. And that's exactly what I got.

Again, I can't speak on behalf of the 360 and I don't doubt its an amazing system. But from my experience, I can't see me ever buying a 360 after owning a PS3. It's that good. :cool:

That's the exact same thing that happened with me Ill. I never bought the PS3 for the Blu-Ray player. In fact, I honestly didn't understand all the hype behind Blu-Ray. (Now I do though. It's amazing! :D) But originally, I bought the PS3 because I wanted a "powerhouse" of a gaming console. And that's exactly what I got.

Again, I can't speak on behalf of the 360 and I don't doubt its an amazing system. But from my experience, I can't see me ever buying a 360 after owning a PS3. It's that good. :cool:
Blu-Ray turned out to be a blessing in disguise. :cool:

Sadly most will not view or give the PS3 its due as being a great gaming sytem, their loss I say. I like to enjoy the best of both world's. :rock

Blu-Ray turned out to be a blessing in disguise. :cool:

Sadly most will not view or give the PS3 its due as being a great gaming sytem, their loss I say. I like to enjoy the best of both world's. :rock

*Not to get off topic, but I am.*

Hey Ill, did you get Transformers on Blu-Ray? I'm getting ready to break down and get it. I own the regular 2-disc DVD but it just seems like Transformers on Blu-Ray is A MUST!

*Not to get off topic, but I am.*

Hey Ill, did you get Transformers on Blu-Ray? I'm getting ready to break down and get it. I own the regular 2-disc DVD but it just seems like Transformers on Blu-Ray is A MUST!
Sure did and it looks AMAZING, definitely a must have!

Can't wait for Iron Man in 10 days too, the Blockbuster by my house has been showing it this whole week and it looks great too! :rock

Sure did and it looks AMAZING, definitely a must have!

Can't wait for Iron Man in 10 days too, the Blockbuster by my house has been showing it this whole week and it looks great too! :rock

Sweet! :rock

I just got done watching Pirates of the Caribbean tonight on Blu-Ray and I still can't get over how amazing the picture is. I can't imagine what Transformers and even Iron Man will look like. Blu-Ray + HD TV + Surround Sound = :drool

And it's all thanks to my PS3. (There, I tied this whole thing back to the topic. :lol)

When I bought my PS3 I didn't even have an HD TV and couldn't have cared less about Blu-Ray. Then when I caught on to it, guess what? I had a Blu-Ray player and I didn't have to buy some stupid add-on for it either. I think it's really dumb for anyone who owns one to say "it's just a BD player", 'cause most of the time they haven't even played a game on it or just don't give them a chance (you fall into that category).

I owned a game for it ( Unreal Tourny ). I find the system to be a pain in the ass to use compared to the 360. I gave it a chance and just don't find it anywhere near as user friendly as the 360. I don't dislike the PS3 at all, but I think the 360 is a better gaming console. ( My opinion )

You may be one of the few who could have cared less about BR when buying your PS3, but most always mention it. Sure, it's a perk, but many act as if it's the major reason to buy the PS3 and IMO that's not why you buy a gaming console.

Blu ray feature of the PS3 dos not have to exclusively be used just for movies. Since Blu ray discs can hold more data, couldn't this be used to enhance games somehow? at least the potential is still there, but then again by the time Game developer start using this better, we me be ready to buy the next generation XBOX and PS3.

I had a few games for it and I'm sure there will be a game or two down the road but I have no problem saying mines just a BR player. 4 me its not as good a gaming system as the 360 thats not to say it isn't good but for my money the 360 gets my gaming dollar.

Back