What Collectable has given you the worst case of buyer's remorse??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda the opposite post for the theme here but one purchase I made that I regretted but then did a 180 degree turn on was the Sideshow Tusken Raider. Once I got him and futzed with him a bit he became one of the most impressive figure I have, you can achieve some really cool poses with him!

I ended up with a bootleg Koto Vader once. Not only was it fake, but the head had been partially glued on, and then broken off. The bottomfeeder I bought it from on ebay tried to claim I broke it myself. This goon sold laser pointer components as Predator shoulder cannons, and mystery envelopes that might have $200 in them.

Last time I looked him up, he was actually selling women's shoes. Way to go Al Bundy. :rock

First the thousands of dollars I spent in the late 80's and early 90's on baseball cards (there so worthless), then hasbro figures both Star Wars and GI Joe (VvV, Spytroops) which I all stopped in 2009...I figured with time, money and gas I could have put a nice down payment on a new home.

The 1:7 Kotobukiya Stormtrooper. The only Stormtrooper I had to take down from my Imperial and Stormtrooper focused collection. It has a quite accurate helmet and armor, but the pose is simply stupid like he is going to slap someone or get ready to dance. I cannot understand what the hell were Koto sculptors thinking when giving this freaking pose...

30lhq9s.jpg

I ended up with a bootleg Koto Vader once. Not only was it fake, but the head had been partially glued on, and then broken off. The bottomfeeder I bought it from on ebay tried to claim I broke it myself. This goon sold laser pointer components as Predator shoulder cannons, and mystery envelopes that might have $200 in them.

Last time I looked him up, he was actually selling women's shoes. Way to go Al Bundy. :rock

hey,dont blame al bundy for that!!!:lol NOMAAM

For me it is the Hot Toys Predator figures I purchased just because I thought they looked cool but really had no attachment to the characters. Found myself selling them months later at some big losses. Wont make that mistake again, sticking to Star Wars and GI Joe from here on out.

.... Praji, Piette, SNOW BUNNY PADME!
And while I love my Luke /Han troopers, I was more than a little upset about the "creative" promo photos!

Yeah, i agree on the whole Han looking taller than Luke in that shot

Let me clarify: the Sideshow portraits are often excellent, like in the case of Han and Luke Stormie; its the factory paint work that absolutely ruins an excellent sculpt. And people will say, but trevor's sculpting is top notch, which it is, but if you cant see it in the finished product due to substandard paint work, then what's the point of having such a great sculptor.

Just about EVERY medicom figure I've ever purchased.

Bought them for 90-200$ Each..
Spent 300$ + On each of them replacing busted shoulders and hips.
I will never buy another one.

The 1:7 Kotobukiya Stormtrooper. The only Stormtrooper I had to take down from my Imperial and Stormtrooper focused collection. It has a quite accurate helmet and armor, but the pose is simply stupid like he is going to slap someone or get ready to dance. I cannot understand what the hell were Koto sculptors thinking when giving this freaking pose...

30lhq9s.jpg

I think this pose was sculpted more to go with the extra Luke headsculpt this came with, emulating the EPIV Death Star detention level scene.

only figure i liked enough to rush out and preorder 2 of was enterbays G.O.D behind the scenes bruce lee ........harsh lessons were taught

I can't say I have any buyer's remorse when it comes to Sideshow/Hot Toys figures (I'm pretty picky) but as far as other collectibles go I would say the one that stands out is the Hasbro "Attack" R5-D4 figure, the one that opens up and has a launching missile. That one figure was what broke me of being a completist with that line.

I can't say I have any buyer's remorse when it comes to Sideshow/Hot Toys figures (I'm pretty picky) but as far as other collectibles go I would say the one that stands out is the Hasbro "Attack" R5-D4 figure, the one that opens up and has a launching missile. That one figure was what broke me of being a completist with that line.

Oh man, that was so 1996! Had I gotten a clue at that point it would have saved me thousands of dollars and an entire decade of wasting gas driving inbetween big-box stores. :gah:

30lhq9s.jpg

I've never seen this piece before, but I know what you mean.

Kinda looks like he's getting ready to do this:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQFSKHThznY[/ame]

The pose is ok once you understand why they choose it...

kotoSt_05.jpg

kotoSt_06.jpg

I see my 1/6th collection and my Hasbro/7 " scale figure collection differently. Being in the 1/6th game for only about two years I am not afraid to sell my items to help fund future figures.
I see my Hot Toys figures as "the best of the best". When I had Sideshow ROTJ Luke, ROTS Anakin and Mace displayed with my Jack Sparrow and Nicholson Joker I knew something had to go.
So I turned around sold them and purchased HT's Luke. The key to my HT's is don't dilute with to many of the same thing (ie. Predators/Aliens) one is enough to represent the franchise.

Today, when it come to the Hasbro/7 inch scale I usually collect for MOC purposes. I want the figures (ie. New Gremlins / Rocky / Preometheus) but I have no desire to open and display.
I have boxes of loose figures (ie. Mcfarlane Predator/Movie Maniacs) that I know are too outdated to display. So I sell them on craigslist to fund my future HT purchases.
I am cool with that because I have another carded in storage.

Back