What are your favorite war movies?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got around to seeing "Ike: Countdown to D-Day" a couple of weeks ago. Tom Selleck was surprisingly good as Ike. Reminded me a bit of Thirteen Days (the JFK Cuban Missile Crisis movie) -- there's no action, just strategy.

I liked it a lot.

SnakeDoc

The only one that I haven't seen on here yet (surprisingly) and like is Inglourious Basterds. Everything else has already been mentioned.

I can't believe I didn't mention it. Maybe it's because it's hard for to see that as a War Movie as opposed to simply a Tarantino movie. His movies defy genres so much that I can't categorize them as anything but Tarantino movies.

Doesn't the Good the bad and the ugly take place during the civil war? That would be on my list if you'd count that, but other wise saving private ryan, I know, I'm a cliche lol

My favorite war movies in the order that I love:

Schindler's List (I consider this a war movie and it's my favorite)
Saving Private Ryan
Glory
Black Hawk Down
Platoon
We Were Soldiers
Honorable Mention: Band of Brothers

Honorable Mention: Band of Brothers

That trumps all as far as I'm concerned. But it's not technically a movie. So I'd go with Saving Private Ryan. But if Band of Brothers counts, is switch my vote to that.

"Last Samurai" is probably next on my list. Does that one count?

A couple of others I don't think I've seen mentioned that I like:

-None but the Brave
-Siege of Firebase Gloria

Back