What are you Watching?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching several things lately... Buffy series, currently in the middle of season 3. Also going to watch Pathfinder today, maybe Hot Fuzz too.

:rock

Finally saw a movie that makes you have to think? You need to exercise your brain more often and stop feeding it mindless studio crap. :lol

i love movies that make you think and have multiple layers. The Fountain does have some aspects I like but so many holes that it takes away from it but the good thing is there are many, many interpretations that can be taken from it.

i have to think and interpret at work all day so i do like some mindless violence and straighforwardness in my movies too.

I give The Fountain a C-.

How is it compared to the Criterion edition? I'm thinking of waiting until a HD version is released before buying it again.

I have the Criterion but this is better. You get the extended cut which has a new anamorphic transfer with better picture quality and Dolby 5.1 sound. The original Criterion DVD was only Dolby stereo surround and the transfer was from the old laserdisc edition so the quality smokes it. There's some really good documentaries with interviews with Paul Verhoeven, Peter Weller, Ronny Cox, Miguel Ferrer, Ray Wise and Kurtwood Smith. I ended up making an entire evening out of it. A must buy. I'm not getting into HD until the format war is over and the prices drop on TV's so I can afford it so shelling out $15 for this was money well spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back