What are you watching? The sequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daredevil season3 ....man this took a nose dive...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Just re-watched "The Departed" for the first time in a while. It remains, in my opinion, one of the rare near-perfect scene-for-scene films of the last two decades. What an insanely stellar cast. Like "Glengarry" good. Unbelievable movie and perhaps the single most gut-punch climatic scenes of all time. I can only imagine the audible gasps or even shouts the audiences let out in the cinema during that elevator scene.

Thank goodness for the stinger scene at the very end with Mahky Mark for not ending on a complete downer.

I think since this movie was released in 2006, you can count on one hand the number of really great mainstream American films. This was definitely one of the last all time classics.

I'm about halfway through Deadwood (mid-2nd-season). Great show. Probably should've watched it sooner. Certainly top tier ... with Breaking Bad/ Saul, Justified, The Shield, 24, House, Sons of Anarchy, etc.

SnakeDoc

I just started Ken Burns' Jazz mini series.

I don't like jazz at all. But I like that it has legends and lore and even a "mythology" to it, so I think this will be fascinating.

The only Ken Burns series I watched from start to finish was Vietnam and that was just devastating. It's not easy or pleasant, but it's still an amazing series and I recommend it.

Back