What are you eating...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Papa Murphy's garlic chicken pizza. Ugh I really need to cut back on all the fatty foods but I didn't make my user name Darth_Fatso cause I was trying to be funny.... well maybe just a little funny.

Never had lamb sausage. Good?

Freaking delicious. It's more commonly known as "Merquez", from north Africa....it's got a nice cuminy/spicy kick to it. I usually serve it over a mound of homemade hummus and some grilled veggies. If you have a whole foods in your area they usually carry them.

Freaking delicious. It's more commonly known as "Merquez", from north Africa....it's got a nice cuminy/spicy kick to it. I usually serve it over a mound of homemade hummus and some grilled veggies. If you have a whole foods in your area they usually carry them.

I wasn't able to read your post thanks to that hideous signature. :mad:

(yeah, there's a few... I'll pick some up to try out. Is it labeled as Merquez? How hard is homemade hummus to make? Just throw some garbanzo beans in the cuisinart?)

Last edited:
I wasn't able to read your post thanks to that hideous signature. :mad:

(yeah, there's a few... I'll pick some up to try out. Is it labeled as Merquez? How hard is homemade hummus to make? Just throw some garbanzo beans in the cuisinart?)

Hideous? It's brilliant. :)

I think they list it as african lamb sausage. Check the meat counter. Homemade hummus is very simple...can of drained garbanzos, juice from half a lemon, 1/4 cup GOOD olive oil...maybe more depending on how dry the beans are...you want a paste-like consistency. Salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and whiz it in a food processor. Traditional hummus includes tahini paste, but I omit it for calorie and fat reasons. Plus it tastes a bit fresher and brighter without it.

Hideous? It's brilliant. :)

I think they list it as african lamb sausage. Check the meat counter. Homemade hummus is very simple...can of drained garbanzos, juice from half a lemon, 1/4 cup GOOD olive oil...maybe more depending on how dry the beans are...you want a paste-like consistency. Salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and whiz it in a food processor. Traditional hummus includes tahini paste, but I omit it for calorie and fat reasons. Plus it tastes a bit fresher and brighter without it.

I really love hummus and have been wanting to try making it for sometime now... I might try this weekend. So by GOOD Olive Oil do you mean extra virgin or a specific brand? I use Bertolli for the most part but I can just pick up a bottle of something else if you have a suggestion.

Garlic and chive mashed spuds with bison meatloaf and a side of grilled corn off the cob.

I really love hummus and have been wanting to try making it for sometime now... I might try this weekend. So by GOOD Olive Oil do you mean extra virgin or a specific brand? I use Bertolli for the most part but I can just pick up a bottle of something else if you have a suggestion.

Ack..Bertoli is one of the worst ones. :lol Try and see if you can get any of these:

-Columela Extra Virgin
-Colavita Extra Virgin
-Lucini Premium Select Extra Virgin

You should be able to find those in your local food store. Whole Foods will def have at least one of them. My parents went to Italy last Christmas and shipped home 2 cases of the really good stuff. :)

Also you can throw in the zest of half a lemon as well...it kicks up the citrus flavor even more. Use a microplane so you get the zest nice and fine.

Ack..Bertoli is one of the worst ones. :lol Try and see if you can get any of these:

-Columela Extra Virgin
-Colavita Extra Virgin
-Lucini Premium Select Extra Virgin

You should be able to find those in your local food store. Whole Foods will def have at least one of them. My parents went to Italy last Christmas and shipped home 2 cases of the really good stuff. :)

Also you can throw in the zest of half a lemon as well...it kicks up the citrus flavor even more. Use a microplane so you get the zest nice and fine.

:lol:lol:lol I figured that Olive Oil was somehow sub-par... I just go through so much of it so I buy quantity over quality.. Still, I'll grab some better stuff for this.

I have this microplane at home, though I don't think I've ever used it before:

pampered-1105_enlarge.jpg

:lol:lol:lol I figured that Olive Oil was somehow sub-par... I just go through so much of it so I buy quantity over quality.. Still, I'll grab some better stuff for this.

I have this microplane at home, though I don't think I've ever used it before:

pampered-1105_enlarge.jpg

Now you can. :) Get the longer, rasp like one...it's easier to use.

Pasta and Doritos. Not combined, separately. Combined would be kinda gross.

Back