What are the best bodies for customs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cingen, yeah that's the one I use. It's not exactly like the TTM 21, but very similar. The TTM21 has a more matte finish to the body and the skintone is a little lighter than the Enfuse body. The torso has a few more details and the shoulders are wider than the Enfuse one, but they are identical in proportion and all the neck, hands, and feet joints are interchangeable.

Cingen, yeah that's the one I use. It's not exactly like the TTM 21, but very similar. The TTM21 has a more matte finish to the body and the skintone is a little lighter than the Enfuse body. The torso has a few more details and the shoulders are wider than the Enfuse one, but they are identical in proportion and all the neck, hands, and feet joints are interchangeable.

How well does it fill out suits though? I will use these bodies mainly for kitbashes like Bruce Wayne, Harvey Dent, ...

It depends on what suit you're using. I've used them for my Lone Ranger and Sully figures and it fills out nicely. It's pretty much the older Hot Toys body.

So it's basically the TTM18? Or an older version? (sorry for all the questions.. :p)

I like the Hot Toys Babydoll body a lot. I got one from a collector who commissioned me to sculpt a head for him and I really liked the body, but it's so hard to find and not cheap either. I've only seen a few on eBay.

I got a Triad Alpha body from another collector to do make the custom Elizabeth figure and it's pretty nice. The articulation is really good and the joints are nice and tight, but the finish is slightly sheen compared to the Hot Toys one, but it's the more readily available body. It's not as expensive and I think they come in different skintones too if I'm not mistaken.

I don't recommend the Phicen bodies. Jen bought one to try out and she didn't really like it. The proportions are a little weird and it's really hard to dress and move. It's decent if you put very little clothing on the figure and have it posed in a standing pose, but if you pose any of the limbs in any angle that's not straight/standing, the skin folds really odd.

I don't collect any female figures so my experience is limited to the bodies I receive from fellow collectors for commissions.

I like the Hot Toys Babydoll body a lot. I got one from a collector who commissioned me to sculpt a head for him and I really liked the body, but it's so hard to find and not cheap either. I've only seen a few on eBay.

I got a Triad Alpha body from another collector to do make the custom Elizabeth figure and it's pretty nice. The articulation is really good and the joints are nice and tight, but the finish is slightly sheen compared to the Hot Toys one, but it's the more readily available body. It's not as expensive and I think they come in different skintones too if I'm not mistaken.

I don't recommend the Phicen bodies. Jen bought one to try out and she didn't really like it. The proportions are a little weird and it's really hard to dress and move. It's decent if you put very little clothing on the figure and have it posed in a standing pose, but if you pose any of the limbs in any angle that's not straight/standing, the skin folds really odd.

Does anyone have experience with either Kumik or the really expensive Hot Stuff bodies? I want to customise a Catwoman with french maid costume.

The Kumik is very usable and a great price. The finish is not good with seem lines and nubs where the mold was injected. But I customize mine any way so nothing a knife and Dremel can't handle. I have also sanded down the bust to use for a custom RE Alice.

Sorry to bump this thread up but it saves opening a new one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOT-VERSION-4-0-CUSTOM-NARROW-SHOULDER-1-6-FIGURE-BODY-Toys-TTM18-TTM19-Head-EB-/221270027904?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3384b8ae80&clk_rvr_id=536891076580

Has anyone else used these bodies before ?.

body1.jpg

At only $23.00 with free shipping that's a hefty difference with hot toys prices and I'm in need of three. I'm thinking they might be crap though and fall to bits.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOT-VERSION-4-0-CUSTOM-NARROW-SHOULDER-1-6-FIGURE-BODY-Toys-TTM18-TTM19-Head-EB-/221270027904?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3384b8ae80&clk_rvr_id=536891076580

body1.jpg

At only $23.00 with free shipping that's a hefty difference with hot toys prices and I'm in need of three. I'm thinking they might be crap though and fall to bits.

Yes I use them bud they are pretty good for an extra $2 you can get one with a stand these are good bodies though seem to hold up well for the price :)

The one that I got had REALLY loose joints. I didn't buy any more after that one, but maybe I got a bad one. Certainly decent enough for the price, but the one that I had could just barely stand up on it's own without falling over.

body1.jpg

I have 5 of these bodies and they are great for the price really good bodies.
I get them on eBay from headplay and are £15.00 posted very good bodies.
They are basically the hot toys TTM18 body.
Also this is the only body clothes seem to fit on for me , as I tried a TTM19 and the clothes were skin tight and you could not fit more than one garment as I was using a sweater and a coat.

Thanks guys, Elvis kindly helped me out through pm also.
I've bought some so I'll let you know what I think when they arrive ( probably in about a month considering they're shipping economy from China :lol )

The price is what pushed me to buy them , you could buy four of them shipped for less than one hot toys TTM21.

Thanks guys, Elvis kindly helped me out through pm also.
I've bought some so I'll let you know what I think when they arrive ( probably in about a month considering they're shipping economy from China :lol )

The price is what pushed me to buy them , you could buy four of them shipped for less than one hot toys TTM21.

Well I got one in a week from kg hobby they are fast shipping
Also headplay only took about 2 weeks .

Can anyone suggests a blk skinned body suitable for a lethal weapon murtaugh head sculpt I,m getting,I can have the sculpt with or without the neck but that will depend on the body, the important thing is it will fill a gray suit/white shirt nicely so I can get Danny Glover proportions right.

body1.jpg

Anyone has any suggestions to a good female body?

Wich is the best alternative for one ttm 21 and 22 with neck sculpted to the torso?

Back