WGP's RAIDERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP's Dr. Harrison Jones- from "Raiders" NEW WIP'S POSTED!

dont like the other two that are being worked on ?

No, it's not that I don't like them. But Indy smiling is a momentary thing -- kind of like the smiling Jack sculpt -- he does it, but it isn't integral to his character. Now the so-called WTH expression is very 'Indy' to me: in over his head and "making it up" as he goes. Indy shares this connection with Jack, which is a central reason both characters comes across as human and flawed and not superheroes.

The new smiling head looks really good, but I think his mouth needs to be open wider, he's got a bit of chipmunk cheeks going one, it looks like he lips are really tight.

Both definitely look good :clap

If I were to critique the smiling face a bit, though, the eyes look to me as if he is wincing, rather than smiling. Something about that lower eyelid. But the sinister-ness is gone and he definitely better reflects the Indy vibe from that scene. Great work so far.

--edit: after seeing Wor-Gar's pic, though, that looks pretty accurate!--

I think the wincing is because of the knotted brow, which makes him look very serious around the eyes - doesn't quite match the smiling expression. Most people relax the brow or raise their eyebrows when smiling, unless they are standing in glaring sunlight or some emotion other than happiness is going on.

Re: WGP's Dr. Harrison Jones- from "Raiders" FIRST PICS NOW POSTED!

WIP SMILING INDY

Hi gang,
Here is WIP II from Chu! Chu reduced the teeth which made him have to do a lot of re-working on the face. Like before, this is not textured nor is the hair or hat. Comments and crits welcome. You guys are awesome! Thanks!

ZGrab11.jpg

ZGrab04.jpg

ZGrab02-1.jpg

ZGrab03.jpg

ZGrab01.jpg

These are shaping up nicely. Def interested in the set. Best Fords to date. I think the smiling sculpt looks almost dead on.

Last edited:

Chu's ALREADY made his next round of revisions to the SMILING Indy sculpt following the last round of critiques. In particular he opened the eyes a bit more so he wasn't having sun squint. As always, I just want to remind you final detail has not been added to the hat, hair, or skin. :

For the sake of the best sculpt possible we have decided the hat will be attached. If we need to offer a separate hatless version we will.

ZGrab02-2.jpg

ZGrab03-1.jpg

ZGrab01-1.jpg

ZGrab04-1.jpg

ZGrab05-1.jpg

Re: WGP's Dr. Harrison Jones- from "Raiders" UPDATE 11/25!

Yeah, I am officially in love with this sculpt - so excited! Hoping one of the Indys will have a hatless variant (probably the serious Indy), as I need one for my planned Tanis map room figure! :yess:

Perfection! I wish the hat was detached for realism, but I'mstill in.

Epicness... No critique from me this time, it's just too good to be true.

Chu just nailed HF likeness \m/

awesome likeness will there be texture added to his face

Is this... a q?

And maaaaaan really pull yourself together :) ===>

its a simple Q i never bought from WPG before trust me saw alot of dumb stuff asked on this forum

WOW!!!:thud::thud::thud: No words , simply perfect!!!

Chu's ALREADY made his next round of revisions to the SMILING Indy sculpt following the last round of critiques. In particular he opened the eyes a bit more so he wasn't having sun squint. As always, I just want to remind you final detail has not been added to the hat, hair, or skin. :

For the sake of the best sculpt possible we have decided the hat will be attached. If we need to offer a separate hatless version we will.

ZGrab02-2.jpg

ZGrab03-1.jpg

ZGrab01-1.jpg

ZGrab04-1.jpg

ZGrab05-1.jpg

wasn't it $70 plus $5 shipping because of the hat?

Back