WGP's CLASSIC DOCTOR WHO- SARAH JANE NOW AVAILABLE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP's CLASSIC DOCTOR WHO- PRINTED SMILING SECOND DOCTOR PICS UP!

Any update on Sarah Jane?

Sarah is still a little ways away and her costume is being worked on with a new seamstress now. We want her to be as perfect as possible. We have had goofy head sizing problems with her because her sculpted hair changes the regular size dimensions we would use. Even when she has been verified as okay, when I got a hold of her months later I was very disappointed with her size in hand. It was Denys Fisher size!

That was a upsetting, but at least a serendipitous thing as we had wanted to offer Who custom heads that scale at some future point...

NEXT TO A DENYS FISHER LEELA HEAD...

ON A HOT TOYS BODY: THE SHE HULK COMMETH

People who pre-ordered got that version as a test copy to practice painting until the correct one comes in. I still need to send you yours, Tek.

Then we reprinted her again. TWICE, and from a program conversion problem she came out 1:5 or 1:4 scale...

BY CROM!

We may offer her as a bust someday since we have it so large.

So besides bawling and wondering why between this and the two previous seamstress/tailor problems the universe doesn't want me to have a Sarah Jane on my shelf yet, we are about to reprint again, and I'm wondering this time do I just say screw it and make her bald like people have asked so they can buy wigs, ours or their own?

It would fix the measurement issue the extra hair had given and unlike when we had her first sculpted by Chu, now WGP has a wigmaker and can do any hair style and length from any era. And would make the deluxe figure look amazing.

Let me know if we want a bald Sarah, people. She is due to be reprinted again soon.

Last edited:

Sarah is still a little ways away and her costume is being worked on with a new seamstress now. We want her to be as perfect as possible. We have had goofy head sizing problems with her because her sculpted hair changes the regular size dimensions we would use. Even when she has been verified as okay, when I got a hold of her months later I was very disappointed with her size in hand. It was Denys Fisher size!

That was a upsetting, but at least a serendipitous thing as we had wanted to offer Who custom heads that scale at some future point...

NEXT TO A DENYS FISHER LEELA HEAD...

ON A HOT TOYS BODY: THE SHE HULK COMMETH

People who pre-ordered got that version as a test copy to practice painting until the correct one comes in. I still need to send you yours, Tek.

Then we reprinted her again. TWICE, and from a program conversion problem she came out 1:5 or 1:4 scale...

BY CROM!

We may offer her as a bust someday since we have it so large.

So besides bawling and wondering why between this and the two previous seamstress/tailor problems the universe doesn't want me to have a Sarah Jane on my shelf yet, we are about to reprint again, and I'm wondering this time do I just say screw it and make her bald like people have asked so they can buy wigs, ours or their own?

It would fix the measurement issue the extra hair had given and unlike when we had her first sculpted by Chu, now WGP has a wigmaker and can do any hair style and length from any era. And would make the deluxe figure look amazing.

Let me know if we want a bald Sarah, people. She is due to be reprinted again soon.
Im still going with a sculpted head.

Sounds like you're experiencing a plethora of Ada Chan-like sizing issues.
Just a thought, she[Ada] makes the female heads bald then sculpts the hair seperately to add on. I don't know if thats possible with this 3D sculpting but its just a suggestion for a possible way to fix the problem.

Sucks about the sizing issues with the Sarah headsculpt....maybe do a Bobble Head?

Great news about the progress with Romana II.

When the time comes I hope you don't use the Denys Fisher sculpt as inspiration for the WGP Leela head :lol

A few WGP Dr Who heads I just finished.

Tom Baker

img7106y.jpg

img7107g.jpg

img7108a.jpg

Eye Detail
tomeyes.JPG

Patrick Troughton

img7130pl.jpg

img7128x.jpg

img7129e.jpg

Brigadier

img7120w.jpg

img7121d.jpg

img7122r.jpg

they look amazing pete

You already know my answer to this question. You also already know that I can work around the sculpted hair "problem". :lol Weird about the sizing issues with Sarah though. I had no idea that longer hair could cause that.

Love Freddy's sweater- it looks fantastic. Can't wait to see what Beto can do with the scarf.

Boy I hope that's true. I love my recons of the missing episodes but I would be ecstatic to see Power of the Daleks. I don't want to get my expectations to high but even if the could bring in a complete lost serial I'll count that as a win.

The guy in charge of the company that allegedly found the missing episodes has made a very blunt statement,
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/0...s-they-are-not-missing-but-destroyed-the-end/

It was fun to think "what if" for a while but it always sounded way too good to be true.

WST,
As Big Chief's 4th Doctor scarf is too short will WGP be making one that's the correct length?

Last edited:

The guy in charge of the company that allegedly found the missing episodes has made a very blunt statement,
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/0...s-they-are-not-missing-but-destroyed-the-end/

It was fun to think "what if" for a while but it always sounded way too good to be true.

WST,
As Big Chief's 4th Doctor scarf is too short will WGP be making one that's the correct length?

Corsair check out the previous page. Rick put a post on there that Beto may be making a scarf for the 4th Doctor. Check out the picture of the Freddy sweater he did. It's amazing work that would translate to a killer scarf.:yess:

Corsair check out the previous page. Rick put a post on there that Beto may be making a scarf for the 4th Doctor. Check out the picture of the Freddy sweater he did. It's amazing work that would translate to a killer scarf.:yess:

Thanks for that! :hi5:

In fairness to Big Chief accurately recreating Tom's scarf at that scale isn't the easiest thing in the world and I've seen far worse attempts than their prototype.

That being said, the high end 1:6 market is improving all the time, Hot Toys and others continue to redefine the standards that collectors expect and the harsh reality is that it's incredibly tough for any newcomer to gain a foothold unless their quality is comparable.

So far Big Chief have released 1 OK figure and one that's poor.

I had no intrest in either so there was no disappointment over how they turned out.

Tom is a different matter altogether, he's by far my favorite Doctor and the only character Big Chief have announced that I have any intrest in owning so I want the figure to be the first one that's really knocked out of the park.

Which means an improved headsculpt and a longer scarf at the very least and a darker coat wouldn't go amiss either.

If the season 18 sculpt is any indication I anticipate WGP's sculpts of Tom from the earlier seasons should be more than adequate replacements if the final Big Chief sculpt is lacking.

Last edited:

Thanks for that! :hi5:

In fairness to Big Chief accurately recreating Tom's scarf at that scale isn't the easiest thing in the world and I've seen far worse attempts than their prototype.

That being said, the high end 1:6 market is improving all the time, Hot Toys and others continue to redefine the standards that collectors expect and the harsh reality is that it's incredibly tough for any newcomer to gain a foothold unless their quality is comparable.

So far Big Chief have released 1 OK figure and one that's poor.

I had no intrest in either so there was no disappointment over how they turned out.

Tom is a different matter altogether, he's by far my favorite Doctor and the only character Big Chief have announced that I have any intrest in owning so I want the figure to be the first one that's really knocked out of the park.

Which means an improved headsculpt and a longer scarf at the very least and a darker coat wouldn't go amiss either.

If the season 18 sculpt is any indication I anticipate WGP's sculpts of Tom from the earlier seasons should be more than adequate replacements if the final Big Chief sculpt is lacking.

Thanks!

The most gorgeous Who scarves I have ever seen were hand knit by Inked Dalek and it took the poor guy 50 hours to make each scarf (shown below)-

FOURTHDOCTORCUSTOM.jpg

This is what Beto is doing for himself, that he will try to use the same technique to make us some nice S18 scarves. Although some one will clean up if they can offer sweet looking S12-17 scarves, I don't think it will be done this way. Beto seemed to think the three different colors of the S18 was doable, but not the seven colors of the previous seasons.

freddy-wip_0015.jpg

WGP will definitely be offering alternate early Tom heads for the Big Chief release. We want to have a lot ready by then and preferably leading up to then.

Rick or Sean, any more news on the smiling Troughton? The last I heard I believe they were coming back from the printer. I can't wait to get one of those.

Rick or Sean, any more news on the smiling Troughton? The last I heard I believe they were coming back from the printer. I can't wait to get one of those.

YES - I want to see one painted!!

Well, the head went back to me so that I could adjust the neck, which I sent back to Rick (so US to UK and back to US) which he sent to the moldmaker - so we should be expecting a cast VERY soon :)

YES - I want to see one painted!!

Well, the head went back to me so that I could adjust the neck, which I sent back to Rick (so US to UK and back to US) which he sent to the moldmaker - so we should be expecting a cast VERY soon :)
Awesome! I can't wait to get my next Troughton done! Great job in that head as always Sean!

Back