WGP's CLASSIC DOCTOR WHO- SARAH JANE NOW AVAILABLE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP's CLASSIC DOCTOR WHO- PRINTED SMILING SECOND DOCTOR PICS UP!

I just got notice the first 5 SMILING TROUGHTON casts shipped off to me today. :)

Last edited:
Re: WGP's CLASSIC DOCTOR WHO- PRINTED SMILING SECOND DOCTOR PICS UP!

Limited Edition Smiling Troughton head in stock and in the house!

The first five Smiling Troughton heads are in the house and ready to ship, for sale now. He is $60 each plus shipping. If you are interested in getting one make sure we add you to the interest list if you miss out on this first batch.

The long range goal is to eventually sell Troughton as a full figure with his accessories once we get a painted proto. I love Doctor Who. It's my reason for forming WGP. God knows it's the most cursed thing we do here at WGP between seamstresses and whatever, and is also not the best selling, so please show the head around as you are able to to get the word of it's existence out and help support our Who range.

Though some people have already been buying the Second Doctor accessory set, it's not officially going to be on sale till we have the full painted proto ready to go.

Thanks for your interest and your support!
-Rick

Re: WGP's CLASSIC DOCTOR WHO- SMILING SECOND DOCTOR NOW IN HAND!

Sarah is still a little ways away and her costume is being worked on with a new seamstress now. We want her to be as perfect as possible. We have had goofy head sizing problems with her because her sculpted hair changes the regular size dimensions we would use. Even when she has been verified as okay, when I got a hold of her months later I was very disappointed with her size in hand. It was Denys Fisher size!

That was a upsetting, but at least a serendipitous thing as we had wanted to offer Who custom heads that scale at some future point...

People who pre-ordered got that version as a test copy to practice painting until the correct one comes in.

I just realized that I never shared my Sarah Jane test head with you guys!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I also wanted to share my attempt at Four's scarf. I'm not a knitter and have zero desire to become one, but it's not half bad or done :lol

picture.php

I just realized that I never shared my Sarah Jane test head with you guys!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I also wanted to share my attempt at Four's scarf. I'm not a knitter and have zero desire to become one, but it's not half bad or done :lol

picture.php

Holy ****, that Sarah head looks AWESOME!!!!!!! Wonderful job on the paint job and the wigging!! :thud:

That's a fantastic scarf too for someone who says they don't knit. I've commissioned professional knitters to do prototypes for both just for me and for WGP that didn't turn out as nice, and I'm not just saying that. How long did it take you to do one? I know the time is evil.

I have actually made the graphics for fabric printing a multi-colored Tom scarf with textured knit weave added in the design for realism I now need to print out to see how vibrant it looks, and to see how it looks with fringe added at the ends. On screen it looks pretty damn good. If it turn out nice I will offer it, but it's not an alternative to a real nicely done knitted scarf when possible.

Great work!!! :)

Holy ****, that Sarah head looks AWESOME!!!!!!! Wonderful job on the paint job and the wigging!! :thud:

That's a fantastic scarf too for someone who says they don't knit. I've commissioned professional knitters to do prototypes for both just for me and for WGP that didn't turn out as nice, and I'm not just saying that. How long did it take you to do one? I know the time is evil.

I have actually made the graphics for fabric printing a multi-colored Tom scarf with textured knit weave added in the design for realism I now need to print out to see how vibrant it looks, and to see how it looks with fringe added at the ends. On screen it looks pretty damn good. If it turn out nice I will offer it, but it's not an alternative to a real nicely done knitted scarf when possible.

Great work!!! :)

:yess:Thank you!! Your opinion means the world to me! On Sarah, I've learned that real hair is so much easier to work with than synthetic. :D

I was really disappointed in how Big Chief's scarf turned out and figured there had to be some way to get a knit scarf. After many hours of searching I came across comb knitting, which is a small scale version of loom knitting. Several knitters, though they liked the idea, complained that all they could get with the comb is a long tube-ish thing. Sounded like a scard to me! I ended up choosing six stranded embroidery thread instead of yarn; I thought the thread was more suited to the scale than anything else I could find. It makes a soft scarf that will fold and bend similiar to a real scarf. It will have to be blocked like the real thing. The embroidery thread also makes really nice tassles.

How long has this taken? I'm not finished with it yet, but that's really because I have a notoriously short attention as of late. Now that I've figured out what I'm doing I can go fairly fast 40-45 rows an hour or so; roughly 15 hours give or take so far. This scarf is actually too long; I was going with a season 12 scarf and using the pattern from doctorwhoscarf.com, cutting the rows in half- too much. I figure eventually I'll figure out exactly how many rows, etc. should actually be used, but since the thread is cotton, I'll just shrink this prototype down a bit. If the numbering was correct and I could focus may be no more than 15 total, not including blocking and tassles.

I'll post the finished product when I get done which will hopefully be next week.

Good luck with the printing. I hope that works out. :D

Comb Knitting

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cNQ-p969as"]More Comb Knitting[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2KFThoPikA"]Comb Knitting Bind Off [/ame]

I want a Sarah Jane head soooo bad.

I know that pain.

picture.php
The scarf prototype is done. I'm now working on the "real" one. :)

AUGUST UPDATE

WGP is on a Doctor Who road to the anniversary in November, and the release for Big Chiefs Fourth Doctor, currently set FOR Oct. Look for updates and releases leading up to it.

We will be making two alternate Fourth Doctor heads to co-inside with his figure- both a serious and a smiling. Both can possibly come hatted and unhatted as two different versions. That depends on interest. We are working on the alternate fabric printed scarves to see how they'd look (vibrancy).

SERIOUS EXPRESSION

We are still debating how extreme to go with the smiling version:

TAMER EXPRESSION

LUNATIC EXPRESSION

SMILING

Just got this update for the long awaited K-9 proto from the caster. Once we have the proto we will be able to set the price and take orders because we want there out before or with Big Chief's Tom.

"As for K-9, All is done being cast except for the main body. I got the magnets I needed in the mail yesterday for the removable side panel, all I need to do now is drill the pilot holes in the door, and test fitting, and then mold the main body. I also have the aluminum powder, so I can cast him in a metal-like sheen. All you need to do on your end is a little Rub-n-Buff, and he'll shine. I also have the clear red resin on hand for his visor. I'll be working on him all next week, I have to finish up a huge commission this week. Hope this helps!"

Since the The Enemy Of The World was recently announced as discovered and released on iTunes and WGPs seems to like doing HS of the 2nd Doctor, would we see a release of a Salamander headsculpt?

Last edited:

Since the The Enemy Of The World was recently announced as discovered and released on iTunes and WGPs seems to like doing HS of the 2nd Doctor, we would see a release of a Salamander headsculpt?

Our Second Doctor head sculpt? You mean this one, painted by Salvador Larocca for us??

Our Second Doctor head sculpt? You mean this one, painted by Salvador Larocca for us??
No, I mean another headsculpt, but that of the character Salamander - basically, an evil-looking version of the 2nd Doctor. He basically looks like how evil Superman looks in Superman 3 - angier eyes, a 5 o clock shadow, etc.. To clarify, the BBC announced yesterday that they had found 9 episodes of Doctor Who in Nigera. They found all, but episode 3 of Web of Fear and all of the missing episode of Enemy of The World. In EOTW, the Doctor has a doppleganger named Salamander, who is trying to take control of a world.

13003-560b-52567245.jpg

Last edited:

You can get the once missing episodes now on iTunes

Since the The Enemy Of The World was recently announced as discovered and released on iTunes and WGPs seems to like doing HS of the 2nd Doctor, we would see a release of a Salamander headsculpt?

Yup, it's been an amazing week for Trout fans everywhere! I never thought I'd ever get to actually see "Web of Fear" or "Enemy of the World".

Well, here's the deal with our Classic Troughton line- we've only sold one of the 1:6 Smiling Trout heads so far despite everyone who said in PMs they couldn't wait to get him and wanted him, and we've had him in stock for a few months now. As far as I am concerned he looks amazing and is the 1:6 Trout head of my fanboy dreams), so that pretty much killed hope of more 1:6 Trout era stuff being made by us like a stake in the heart because my studio co-founder Sean isn't the classic Who fan I am, and I have to make them sell.

If Smiling Trout doesn't sell, there is no point to redo Jamie and Zoe as V.2's as hoped, nor a Salamander, Tobias Vaughn, Victoria, etc.

All I can do is focus on the upcoming WGP Fourth Doctor deluxe figure releases that we are planning on releasing in tandem with Big Chiefs Fourth Doctor and hope they give the Classic Who line some life.

But now let me throw out an idea. That's me, trying to have us be able to offer them as a studio like a product. That way has failed. But we are a sculpting studio that can be hired to make anything and I BS with most of you regularly about Who through PMs.

As such, you guys wrote me your Who want lists. Harry Sullivan got mentioned now and again, but not enough for us to make him, only about four people. But I know most of you, so I asked those four people if if they might consider commissioning Harry if I got them together with the four other people interested in a Harry (because I want him too). And guess what? WGP is now making a Harry Sullivan head in 2014 because you guys hired us. And it doesn't matter if he sells just those four. He was commissioned. And, I want to make this clear, we were commissioned to make him in BOTH 1:6 and 5" scale. :) :) :) This will make my 5" collection very happy!

So pretty much the only way to get a Salamander, 1:6, 8" or 5" is if someone, or a few people, got together to commission us to alter our normal 1:6 Troughton sculpt into Salamander, which really isn't that expensive since he is already sculpted and we are just twerking...errr..tweaking it.

Now let me ask a question. Who just flat out freaking needs a Yeti figure at this point, (any scale), and would want to hire us privately to make it alone or with other people if I could organize it? Or a Susan head? Or a that updated Zoe or Jamie head? Or a Quark? Celestial Toymaker head? Nyder? Bessie?

Commissioning stuff shouldn't be talked about on the forums, but our E-mail for commissions is warriorsgate1ATyahoo.com (replace "AT" with "@") and tell me what you want so bad for Doctor Who you would be willing to commission or join a group commission to get made because you just know it will never get made otherwise and your 1:6, 5" and 8" collection just needs it. I HATE holes in my collection. I need companions or my Trout gets lonely. (thats not a Euphemism. Shut up). Drop me a list. Not that you guys like writing lists. ;)

Lastly, I have been thinking about looking into possibly making rotocast 1:6 Tom era monsters in 2014 if the WGP Fourth Doctor stuff does well. I am looking into the feasibility and potential cost of it now, but the idea being that would be the way for WGP to make a 1:6 Zygon figure, as a hollow statue with just arm articulation.

That would be a cheaper way to make a 1:6 quark, mandrel etc as opposed to solid resin which would be expensive as heck. :monkey3

Last edited:

No, I mean another headsculpt, but that of the character Salamander - basically, an evil-looking version of the 2nd Doctor. He basically looks like how evil Superman looks in Superman 3 - angier eyes, a 5 o clock shadow, etc.. To clarify, the BBC announced yesterday that they had found 9 episodes of Doctor Who in Nigera. They found all, but episode 3 of Web of Fear and all of the missing episode of Enemy of The World. In EOTW, the Doctor has a doppleganger named Salamander, who is trying to take control of a world.

13003-560b-52567245.jpg

Yeah, I know. I was shamelessly plugging but took too long on my follow-up post. :)

I think making Salandar would be a good idea because not only you guys at WGP like Troughton (he is the only DW actor that has more than one HS from WGP), it would be a celebration to the recent missing episode discovery (the HS might sell well here because the character is from a once lost episode, it would be easy to modify your existing zbrush model, and it would be a quick and easy way for WGP to make not only a different character, but a villain. From what I have seen of the serial (still downloading it from iTunes, Troughton did a great job playing a villain.

EDIT, I was writing this before I read the above post.

Yup, it's been an amazing week for Trout fans everywhere! I never thought I'd ever get to actually see "Web of Fear" or "Enemy of the World".

Well, here's the deal with our Classic Troughton line- we've only sold one of the 1:6 Smiling Trout heads so far despite everyone who said in PMs they couldn't wait to get him and wanted him, and we've had him in stock for a few months now. As far as I am concerned he looks amazing and is the 1:6 Trout head of my fanboy dreams), so that pretty much killed hope of more 1:6 Trout era stuff being made by us like a stake in the heart because my studio co-founder Sean isn't the classic Who fan I am, and I have to make them sell.

If Smiling Trout doesn't sell, there is no point to redo Jamie and Zoe as V.2's as hoped, nor a Salamander, Tobias Vaughn, Victoria, etc.

All I can do is focus on the upcoming WGP Fourth Doctor deluxe figure releases that we are planning on releasing in tandem with Big Chiefs Fourth Doctor and hope they give the Classic Who line some life.

But now let me throw out an idea. That's me, trying to have us be able to offer them as a studio like a product. That way has failed. But we are a sculpting studio that can be hired to make anything and I BS with most of you regularly about Who through PMs.

As such, you guys wrote me your Who want lists. Harry Sullivan got mentioned now and again, but not enough for us to make him, only about four people. But I know most of you, so I asked those four people if if they might consider commissioning Harry if I got them together with the four other people interested in a Harry (because I want him too). And guess what? WGP is now making a Harry Sullivan head in 2014 because you guys hired us. And it doesn't matter if he sells just those four. He was commissioned. And, I want to make this clear, we were commissioned to make him in BOTH 1:6 and 5" scale. :) :) :) This will make my 5" collection very happy!

So pretty much the only way to get a Salamander, 1:6, 8" or 5" is if someone, or a few people, got together to commission us to alter our normal 1:6 Troughton sculpt into Salamander, which really isn't that expensive since he is already sculpted and we are just twerking...errr..tweaking it.

Now let me ask a question. Who just flat out freaking needs a Yeti figure at this point, (any scale), and would want to hire us privately to make it alone or with other people if I could organize it? Or a Susan head? Or a that updated Zoe or Jamie head? Or a Quark? Celestial Toymaker head? Nyder? Bessie?

Commissioning stuff shouldn't be talked about on the forums, but
our E-mail for commissions is warriorsgate1ATyahoo.com (replace "AT" with "@") and tell me what you want so bad for Doctor Who you would be willing to commission or join a group commission to get made because you just know it will never get made otherwise and your 1:6, 5" and 8" collection just needs it. I HATE holes in my collection. I need companions or my Trout gets lonely. (thats not a Euphemism. Shut up). Drop me a list. Not that you guys like writing lists. ;)

Lastly, I have been thinking about looking into possibly making rotocast 1:6 Tom era monsters in 2014 if the WGP Fourth Doctor stuff does well. I am looking into the feasibility and potential cost of it now, but the idea being that would be the way for WGP to make a 1:6 Zygon figure, as a hollow statue with just arm articulation.

That would be a cheaper way to make a 1:6 quark, mandrel etc as opposed to solid resin which would be expensive as heck. :monkey3

Just one Smiling Troughton head? I am surprised. While I do think it is a good sculpt, I would prefer one in a more neutral facial gesture. I know you guys made one before, but the sculpt is outdated compared to the new Troughton head you guys did, as well as all the recent HS made by your studio.

As for needing a Yeti, no since I haven't seen that episode yet, but I do like the idea of you guys wanting to do monsters for a group buy or private commission. I am thinking you guys want to do monsters, but aren't getting a lot of interest here, hence the private commission idea. There are some monsters I want to see, but some of those seem easy to do. I did thought about making a Scaroth figure the other day. It is probably my next to do list, though I am thinking of getting the 5 inch CO toy for reference. That would be a fun and easy bash. He is also a cult favorite character that would unlikely be made by Big Chief (they seem more interested in making extremely popular characters like Baker or flavor of the month villains like the Weeping Angels). I can't blame them because they have to sell their product and I am sure the recent Amy fiasco (final headsculpt with a lackluster paint app and the troubles they had in making the body) hurt them a lot.

I think a Zygon figure would sell well since they will be in the 50th anniversary - there seems to be a trend in SSF where fans would get a figure based on a flavor of the month.

Back