Statue Weta Workshop's Thranduil Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks :duff It's a fantastic statue. I just love the elegance yet the power that he is showing in this piece.

7WKal5Y.jpg
FPmZIiN.jpg
plpmFUt.jpg
bNvgWwk.jpg
UEAYDfi.jpg
187kDYc.jpg
XsYDf1g.jpg
YcVrhPo.jpg
8GOjsWQ.jpg

Received 191/1000 today. I am really happy that I decided to jump on Weta after the disappointing waiting for some Sideshow announcements…

78brq2wb.jpg

6z6oc4cm.jpg

2uagcknd.jpg

taxdtano.jpg

m7cmrqto.jpg

jrms3lpi.jpg

c94588qo.jpg

7kxhh4y4.jpg

Very nice shots. Weta did a fantastic job with this one. It was a total eye catcher at comic-con and came out that way in production.

I pre-ordered this item a while ago to be delivered from the UK warehouse, the page said it would be delivered in December and a guy from Weta emailed me confirming I would have it in hand before Christmas...but today the page changed to saying orders made before Nov 29th for UK warehouse delivery will either be shipped in December OR February?!

I don't understand....still hoping that I get this guy in December but I'm not so sure now. :(

I may have to break my 1:4 scale rule once again. My oldest daughter is enamored with Thranduil, he's so dreamy. :lol

Thought I would post a few pics of my latest arrival. I had queried the scale as to Azog as he just looks massive compared to his Royal Slim-Jimness, but I quests Azog is just a big mo-fo :horror

So, a couple of comparison shots to show just how big Azog is :panic:

And a few of his Highness himself

The coat is very well detailed and 'embroidered' with leaves and vines etc. But it is the colour that really strikes me. It appears silverish in low light and golden in more natural light. A beautiful paint choice :clap

The crown is also another piece of art. Clever yet simple design that just gives a regal, environmental element to Thranduil.
His hair also has an ethereal look to it and has been painted in what looks like a pearlescent type paint.

The only minus is the sword which seems a bit chunky on the back edge and not 'shiny' enough, but it still all adds to a very elegant piece :amen

HEADS UP! :wink1:

Nice pics! :rock As far as Azog that's a great comparison because Thranduil isn't a small statue in his own right, but Azog is just so freaking massive its insane. Him and the Balrog basically take up a whole shelf in my cabinet on their own. Thranduil is a great statue IMO. The likeness is pretty spot on and the detailing that went into his gown and crown are just so well done. Then of course you toss in a superb paint job and this is one of the best statues in the line so far.

Does anyone still have the original Elrond statue that they could pose with Thranduil and post some pics?

I'm debating whether or not to get this thing in a trade. Pretty much between Thranduil and Chitauri Commander Hot Toy... very different choices. No huge love for the character, but love the statue and think he will go nicely with my Azog and Tauriel.

Back