Statue Weta Workshop's Thranduil Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As has been the case with this line Thranduil is another solid entry. Again, great paint and great details in this one. That outfit looks as mind blowing in in production as the one at Comic-Con. Like Tauriel I should have him Friday and look forward to that/even better pics from other freaks.

Looks super, they really must be making and using a lot of molds in order to keep those details sharp and fine for all 1000.

Now just have to wait for mine.

This is an amazing piece. The outfit itself is amazing with all the details. The likeness, paint, and overall piece is a stunner.

Quick iPhone pic.

null_zpsdc2616e6.jpg

null_zps026fa452.jpg

They do. These crappy iPhone pics don't even begin to show off how good these two look. I will take better shots this weekend. Azog is gonna be freaking off the charts cool. I know! Weta has some cool stuff in the works.

Thranduil looks amazing...looking forward to seeing some more pictures of this one while I wait for mine!

Wow, Thranduil statue is ace! Can't wait for mine. C'mon Weta, ship it already from NZ warehouse.:impatient: Nice shots Josh. I can't help but also look at your Middle Earth book collection!:rock

He's a fantastic piece. Such incredible detail in the outfit alone and the you add on the rest of the statue, which is really super great gives you an amazing piece. Hope to get better pictures this weekend.

He's a fantastic piece. Such incredible detail in the outfit alone and the you add on the rest of the statue, which is really super great gives you an amazing piece. Hope to get better pictures this weekend.

I read somewhere that the paint on his robe is silvery white and changes hue with light? Is this true? Which part of the statue is detachable?

It does seem to be lighter or darker depending on how much light is in the room. Just his hand holding the sword.

........ I cant wait to see Tauriel go after some Mirkwood Spiders and I just realize this is the Tranduil thread lol

Last edited:
Back