Statue Weta Workshop's: The Hobbit - Gollum Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gangrel

Freaked Out
Reaction score
The difference between this year and the last year is that now we have items from WETA, UC, LEGO,..., and I don't have money to buy all the things I want.
If SS doesn't want my money, I've got a lot of items to spend it.
By the way, I've read that at the end of the new Hobbit Chronicles book there's an spoil of a new statue...but I don't know if it's true or not and what statue is...I'll know on Tuesday, when I receive my book (from Amazon)

Is scale sixth place but there is otherwise a misprint.

2hi3x40.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Which Maquettes should be made next?

Looks pretty cool and I love seeing Gollum doing something other than just sitting. So it this is the next item that's next from Weta for The Hobbit.

Re: What's next for The Hobbit from Weta Workshop

Is this even from the Hobbit?

Yeah, look at the base. You can see the map on the bottom of it. Its not a Sideshow base and its not from the mini-statue series as that's not that style of base.

I guess I was asking more about the pose. Did Gollum leap at Bilbo as he escaped the mountain?? Memory fails me.

I don't recall him making that exact pose but its from that moment. Most of the statues have been like that from a certain area but maybe not exact moment.

I've got the old SSW busts (the little and the big one), the Gollum/Smeagol from the DVD and the SS PF...it will be a very easy pass becouse I really don't need another version of this character

There have been a few versions of him but this is the first true 1:6th statue of the character. I'd get it for that reason if nothing else. Ill order him when he pops up.

There have been a few versions of him but this is the first true 1:6th statue of the character. I'd get it for that reason if nothing else. Ill order him when he pops up.

The TT box set piece and the one you could order from the dvd purchase was 1/6th I believe...

The TT box set piece and the one you could order from the dvd purchase was 1/6th I believe...

I don't know. They seemed to be larger than what Gollumn came across. He should be about the size of say the Bilbo statue from this line. Both of those items are meant to be bookends like the others you could get from The Fellowship of the Ring and The Return of the King EE. This would be the first 1:6th Gollum statue with the traditional map base.Meaning this would be in scale with say Bilbo and I would expect about in the same price range.

Great to see Gollum in all his nasty glory attacking something / someone. I think he will be closely followed by a big character though :lecture

Great to see Gollum in all his nasty glory attacking something / someone. I think he will be closely followed by a big character though :lecture

Yeah, I do like that we get to see Gollum in attack mode. Its not something we've seen a lot of with this character. I'm hoping we might either see Radagast, Azog, The Goblin King, or the Three Trolls.

Nope, they were not :lecture

I can't remember where or when i learnt that exactly, but Weta said so themselves. I think it may have been in the Weta Collectors book actually, where they state at the end they didn't do a Gollum statue in scale with the rest of the line.

So yes, this is the first 1/6 scale Gollum statue.

That looks great. Yeah, you can see there these two are much larger than 1:6th. I never did get the Gollum statue but I do still have my Smeagol statue. I see the flag in the back so at least 3 of us have a set and I think my set was #8 so we make nearly half. :rock

You can tell it's from The Hobbit because he's got a totally different outfit on. This loincloth has a tiny pouch on his hip for the Ring.

It's the accessories, after all, that really can make or break an ensemble.

:lol

2hi3x40.jpg

Hmm, that's interesting. I don't think I ever noticed that the originals weren't 1/6th. Or maybe I did and just forgot. :lol

collected every 'the hobbit' 1/6 scale statue so far. also scored the radagast staff and have gandalf's on order. i started collecting with LOTR stuff from SS/Weta. i've come full circle!!! :)

Back