Statue Weta Workshop's: The Hobbit - Gollum Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe next to the older SSW statues but put those 2 gollums next to the Sideshow 1/6 maquettes...If it aint 1/6 then it's 1/5.5 lol

Hmmmm, it looks good but it is time for NEW characters!!!

Agreed! Great-looking piece, but easy pass as I have both the PF and the DVD gift version. Would love to see something new like Radagast or even a generic goblin!

the choice is easy...pale orc on beast.

tumblr_mj01a3kBKr1r1g7kpo1_500.jpg

Tim from Weta has just announced that a new statue will be launching this week so I guess we don't have to wait long to find out if Gollum is indeed the next one in the line-up. I am personally hoping it is something else!!!:pray:

I saw. I'm going to assume its gollum since he's in the book and it makes sense but I wouldn't be surprised if its either Radagast, The Goblin King, or Azog.

I saw. I'm going to assume its gollum since he's in the book and it makes sense but I wouldn't be surprised if its either Radagast, The Goblin King, or Azog.

It would be a slip up if Gollum is the statue in question as there has been a build up to an announcement, not a confirmation of an already out there piece:dunno

It would be a slip up if Gollum is the statue in question as there has been a build up to an announcement, not a confirmation of an already out there piece:dunno

The build up may have been to Gollum is what I'm saying and him being in the book kind of let the cat out of the bag. I mean Gollum wasn't even known about until just the other day. Plus Weta hasn't confirmed that he is the next so it leaves wiggle room either way.

Looks really good. They did a really great job with this one. I used some Weta Dollars to take some off and got him for $217 shipped.

It looks good; certainly a nice companion piece to the Bilbo statue. It's a bit expensive though at $249; I was expecting it to be just the same price as Bilbo at $199. Oh well, gotta use my Weta dollars! :yess:

That looks more like it's from Mount Doom than the Misty Mountains. :horror Is this Hobbit or Lord of the Rings? :stick :lol

That looks more like it's from Mount Doom than the Misty Mountains. :horror Is this Hobbit or Lord of the Rings? :stick :lol

It's The Hobbit Fritz. :wave

He is a companion piece to Bilbo.

Weta_BilboampGollume_Hobbit_zpsd2d11a69.jpg

Image taken from the Weta product page.

And don't they look great togethere :rock...I may have to get into the Weta Hobbit stuff soon. :wink1:

Good looking piece. Unfortunately, I've got at least 3-4 Gollum representations already so will be skipping this one (1/6th scale not withstanding).

A bit like comparing the bronze Gandalf and SS GTG PF. One I have seen and owned and the other I haven't. Honest :wink1:

i own the PF and it obviously is more intricate with more display options than a lunging version only 9" tall for $50 less.

some people can evaluate a piece without having to actually touch the item. :slap

Back