Statue Weta Workshop's The Balrog Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my notice as well, which had a "payment was successful" portion to it. Says delivery times are approximately 5 business days, so I'm not sure if they'll be loading tracking info or not. Can't remember how they did it last time.

Hi guys. Got my rog on thursday. opened it today and the pegs won't fit T.T

anyone else has this problem?

It's a typical production issue that happens from time to time with almost every statue, I'm sure they'll replace it without problem. Only thing is, it would be great to know if it's the body or the base, that has the wrong holes for the pegs. If it's the base, you'll need to replace everything (base for pegs, body for chipped tail); if it's the body, you'll just need a new body.

With ignoring the chip, just related to the holes, worst case a little bit of drilling to widen the holes my just do the trick.

With ignoring the chip, just related to the holes, worst case a little bit of drilling to widen the holes my just do the trick.

not so sure about that. this thing is one heavy sucker.

If i were to drill holes and the thing refuses to stand I would be SOFL cos it would be my fault not Weta's.

Good news all.

Megan wrote me back to reassure me that all bases were test fitted with each base to ensure they fit.

Gave me the courage to really tilt it back and it finally slotted in.

Happy camper here :D

I'm contemplating ordering one of these to go along with Smaug. Are Balrogs just as big as dragons or are they smaller?

Damn... maybe I should go for that 13.5 inch Balrog then. But then again, the price on that piece is absurd.

Back