Statue Weta Workshop's The Balrog Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is that balrog to the right of the legendary scale bust?

I believe its by Andy Wright of artifexcreations in the UK...been so long(like 10 yrs ago) I kinda forgot...They made like 25 or 50 of em...something like that...some were faux bronze and some painted...almost 2 ft tall and very heavy solid piece

Anyone looked at the new Weta website at the ad for the new Balrog and noticed that they included a pic of the old originally issued Weta Balrog with the whip as the last photo in the advertisement for the new Balrog? Its a close up of the head and fire mane and can give one the impression that this is the way the paint may look on the new version..

Anyone looked at the new Weta website at the ad for the new Balrog and noticed that they included a pic of the old originally issued Weta Balrog with the whip as the last photo in the advertisement for the new Balrog? Its a close up of the head and fire mane and can give one the impression that this is the way the paint may look on the new version..

I only saw the ones they used as a side by side size comparison. Personally I wish they would have just made the old one larger, I ended up selling my new version.

Why'd you sell?

I plan on picking this up at some point, but I'm building up my Weta $'s to knock the price down.

Didn't care for the pose or the paint app. Hard to find a good angle to display it and the paint on mine was sloppy and flat. I also have the JV art piece of almost exactly the same pose and I decided I would not need 2 of the same look.

I'd like to have the Balrog in my collection and this seems like the only game in town right now.
I can only hope when I get it the paint app looks good.

Yea, I hear you. I think the Balrog vs Gandalf is a better piece though if you want just one Balrog in your collection. I also was going to repaint and add lights to the SS bust, but I ended up selling all my LSBs too.

The Balrog I received from the US warehouse last week from the Weta sale was edition 1027/1500

It might give you guys an idea of where they are at with these

The Balrog I received from the US warehouse last week from the Weta sale was edition 1027/1500

It might give you guys an idea of where they are at with these

I am kind of shocked that it hasn't already sold out. This was so much in demand, and the old one still goes for big money. I guess that speaks to how the pose and paint were received by fans.

I think it was priced high but anyone hesitating should jump on the next sale...it may be their last chance.

I'm still waiting for the cops to show up at my house. This was a steal!

I have the old and new Balrog the painting of the old one is much better than the new one,now i like either Balrogs.
But the old Sideshow/Weta is the holly grale of the Balrogs,for me.

I imagine, having the original (film studio) model making talent, has ensured the old Daddy Rog will remain superior in terms of sculpt & painting for some time to come! :lecture

Note: pics taken with flash on:-

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Having said I'm currently selling my holy grail on eBay :horror
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172572807951

PM me if interested :)

While it's still a nice piece, I never thought it was worth the asking prices that some people have it listed for.

That being said I hope you get what you need out of it.

Back