Statue Weta Workshop's Bolg Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thror was initially $130 for shipping, but a week later had gone down to $70; Weta credited me the difference. That said, Thror was a pretty big piece and weighed 22 lbs; Bolg weighs only 3 lbs according to the Weta shop site! I commented in FB and they are looking into it. Will keep you posted!

Ouch! How much was the Thror to ship? I know BBTS sells some Weta. Maybe they'll get this. I got my Faramir from them for $50 less, but so far they don't have Blog.

I broke down and got this. Used $100 of my weta dollars.

I just emailed Megan (customer svc at Weta) about this as well. The shipping rates to Canada are crazy. Shipping for the House of Beorn is more than $80. I hope they can fix this....but this has been an issue for a long time...

It doesn't make any sense. There is definitely a glitch with their system. No way a statue of that size costs $80 to ship. This is quite frustrating and I hope they can fix it once and for all.

shipping is $20 for me, but i am thinking of just selling off my whole LOTR line to focus on other things

shipping is $20 for me, but i am thinking of just selling off my whole LOTR line to focus on other things

What other things are you going to focus on? I'm doing the opposite, really just doing LotR going forward. Mostly PFs but a few baddies from Weta.

RE: Bolg - After posting it on FB, Weta fixed the cost and it now shows as approx. $47 US to ship to Canada. I have to say, their customer service is top-notch!

Last edited:
I want an original cave troll and balrog! lol

I actually have done a good job getting the older Weta pieces I wanted... Sauron and Witch King. Not sure if they'll make the cut though since I have the Sauron PF and have a deal lined up for the Morgul Lord PF EX. I think I'm only really going to do the weta pieces that don't have PF equivalents. So Azog on Warg, Bolg, the new Balrog and Smaug. Debating whether or not to keep Tauriel and get Faramir.

I actually have done a good job getting the older Weta pieces I wanted... Sauron and Witch King. Not sure if they'll make the cut though since I have the Sauron PF and have a deal lined up for the Morgul Lord PF EX. I think I'm only really going to do the weta pieces that don't have PF equivalents. So Azog on Warg, Bolg, the new Balrog and Smaug. Debating whether or not to keep Tauriel and get Faramir.

The only piece I'm desperately looking for is The Argonath. That is my holy grail...if my picture didn't indicate, lol...

SSC's PFs are so awesome. I just wish they'd make more. :(

SSC's PFs are so awesome. I just wish they'd make more. :(

Me too. I still need to get Gollum. I'm not sure on getting Aragorn and Legolas though... they seem like they could use an update. Thinking about commissioning an Aragorn in 1/4 scale after my 1/4 Cave Troll commission is done.

Pretty darn good price for a really cool piece. If you have Azog then you need to get this IMO.

I ordered this piece now that the shipping to Canada has been fixed. However, they have not fixed the shipping for the House of Beorn....

I guess it is better to contact Weta through Facebook where there is public attention than send an email to customer service.

I'm going to wait it out and just stay vigilant for low stock alerts. Hopefully my Smaug ships soon enough before ordering this gets hairy.

Back