Statue Weta Workshop Smaug the Terrible Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do we know the ES, did they post that on FB too?

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Must've missed it. Don't remember seeing that in the last one

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I don't think it will, not with an ES of what 2000 isn't it. At 4 times the ES of Azog, I really can't see it being $700, I still think that $599 is more likely or maybe even $549 and not even $499 would be impossible but I have doubts it would be under $500.

Guess we all find out in 11 day's time.

His ES is only just a little more than the new Balrog. That to me is the ballpark you start looking at as far as price goes. I think that makes $499 something that will not happen. I think the price falls in the ballpark of $600-$700 with $650 being the most likely landing spot. This is a pretty darn good size piece with tons of very tiny details that work their way into the cost.

Not worried about a sellout on this one and will order it when in stock. It won't shock me if this is $699. That's a mighty big 2000 ES too and many have so much on their plate already on their preorder statue list.

Not worried about a sellout on this one and will order it when in stock. It won't shock me if this is $699. That's a mighty big 2000 ES too and many have so much on their plate already on their preorder statue list.

If they offer a deal like with the Balrog will you PO?

At the NYCC, if i don't remember bad, this huge beast was $749.99!
INCREDIBLE PIECE!
10710967_10152421473668671_6508640851585352782_n.jpg

They didn't have a price listed at NYCC as far as I know. At least from those that saw it anyways.

Are stupid questions allowed?
How long does it usually take from PO to the item actually being ready to ship? Another couple of months I guess?

Sure. :lol
It varies but usually 3-4 months with Weta.
Thanks!
Are the weta Pre Orders limited or is it technically possible to have all 2000 pieces given away before the item gets regularly available in the shop?
I am asking because I live in germany and normally I order from some EU store to avoid long transport. (Hoping for my EU shop to check condition and not resell when a piece had arrived damaged)
So basically I wonder if the Pre Orderers can outorder 'my' store because I also don't know how and when it does fill up its stock.

That being said I really want Smaug but the pose lets me down a little bit. I dreamt of something like this:
https://new3.fjcdn.com/comments/Red+dragon+standing+by+_7cd79b6759eea9f84b68e2841d83a1d2.jpg
I wanted to see everything of him. Current way I feel like so many potentially epic detailed parts are hidden because Smaug just lies there.

But I cannot not buy it.

Thanks!
Are the weta Pre Orders limited or is it technically possible to have all 2000 pieces given away before the item gets regularly available in the shop?
I am asking because I live in germany and normally I order from some EU store to avoid long transport. (Hoping for my EU shop to check condition and not resell when a piece had arrived damaged)
So basically I wonder if the Pre Orderers can outorder 'my' store because I also don't know how and when it does fill up its stock.

That being said I really want Smaug but the pose lets me down a little bit. I dreamt of something like this:
https://new3.fjcdn.com/comments/Red+dragon+standing+by+_7cd79b6759eea9f84b68e2841d83a1d2.jpg
I wanted to see everything of him. Current way I feel like so many potentially epic detailed parts are hidden because Smaug just lies there.

But I cannot not buy it.

It could sell out before it becomes an in-stock piece but it's not likely with an es of 2k. As far as the pose it looks great I think and when people get to examine it they'll see all the little details.

Yup......

Got ya. Six one. Half dozen the other.

It could sell out before it becomes an in-stock piece but it's not likely with an es of 2k. As far as the pose it looks great I think and when people get to examine it they'll see all the little details.
Allright then, sounds safe.
Balrog is $600 on PO and it is massive monster of 15kg. Smaug could settle around $600 as well,couldn't it? $700 would be a bit of a bummer but I would get it anyway.
Do you think Smaug will keep its value once it sells out? 2000 ES seems huge but everybody knows Smaug and in addition some ppl have pure dragon collections I bet.

His ES is only just a little more than the new Balrog. That to me is the ballpark you start looking at as far as price goes. I think that makes $499 something that will not happen. I think the price falls in the ballpark of $600-$700 with $650 being the most likely landing spot. This is a pretty darn good size piece with tons of very tiny details that work their way into the cost.

I'm not sure I'd call another 500 units, 'just a little more', given that 500 is the total ES of Azog. As such that's got to have some impact and sure, I'm not actually expecting $499, but I do think much over $599 is going to be pushing it.

At the NYCC, if i don't remember bad, this huge beast was $749.99!

If that turns out to be the case, then it's going to take a really really long time to move 2000.

Back