Statue Weta Workshop Smaug the Terrible Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey just a question. When was the last time any of you got a WETA newsletter. Its been like a month since i got my last one. Is it a monthly newsletter or is it weekly like SSC and PCS?

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

It's been a bit. It usually weekly but sometimes there won't be one if they don't have any real big news.

Can't wait to see the whole thing. I quite liked Smaug's design in the movies, so this will probably become a must-buy.

2u8aueu.jpg

We've seen the whole thing already. He was revealed at SDCC. :)

Does this mean Smaug will be available for preorder on November 11th or Weta will be announcing the preorder date and times?

Should be if I read it correctly that he will be up for order on that date. I won't use what little WD I have but his will help take a fair chunk off the next.

Been saving my Weta Dollars for this guy, knocking four hundred dollars off straight up. Thanks very much, Weta. Do we know how much he's going to be?

I am still not 100% on Smaug. I want to buy him because he looks awesome but depends in the cost. If he's anything like the Rog I may just make this my second WETA piece

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I'm certainly hoping it won't be more expensive than the Balrog. Both pieces are huge and complex plus Smaug has a higher edition size

I want this. A lot. I think this'll set an all time high for Weta, price wise. Something tells me this could be more than Balrog. Hopefully the actual ship date will be a ways off yet, I got a lot going on and wouldn't mind the time.

I want this. A lot. I think this'll set an all time high for Weta, price wise.

I don't think it will, not with an ES of what 2000 isn't it. At 4 times the ES of Azog, I really can't see it being $700, I still think that $599 is more likely or maybe even $549 and not even $499 would be impossible but I have doubts it would be under $500.

Guess we all find out in 11 day's time.

I don't think it will, not with an ES of what 2000 isn't it. At 4 times the ES of Azog, I really can't see it being $700, I still think that $599 is more likely or maybe even $549 and not even $499 would be impossible but I have doubts it would be under $500.

Guess we all find out in 11 day's time.

It's the size and detail that make me think of the higher price. 2k es seems a bit high, but this is Smaug and could have an appeal to a wider audience possibly. BD at 1k es seemed high, took 2 years but it sold out. Like you said well see soon enough.

Either way I have sense of relief that after this I'll be laying low for a while. My wallet needs a well deserved break.

Back