Statue Weta Workshop Smaug the Terrible Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!
Are the weta Pre Orders limited or is it technically possible to have all 2000 pieces given away before the item gets regularly available in the shop?
I am asking because I live in germany and normally I order from some EU store to avoid long transport. (Hoping for my EU shop to check condition and not resell when a piece had arrived damaged)
So basically I wonder if the Pre Orderers can outorder 'my' store because I also don't know how and when it does fill up its stock.

Weta has a EU warehouse and all the stuff I has bought from them has shipped from the UK.

Weta has a EU warehouse and all the stuff I has bought from them has shipped from the UK.

Exactly. With their reward point system and slightly lower prices its cheaper to order direct. And should there be an issue with your order (not likely, but you never know), Weta will have it sorted out much quicker. Cut out the middle man my fellow EU collector!

Allright then, sounds safe.
Balrog is $600 on PO and it is massive monster of 15kg. Smaug could settle around $600 as well,couldn't it? $700 would be a bit of a bummer but I would get it anyway.
Do you think Smaug will keep its value once it sells out? 2000 ES seems huge but everybody knows Smaug and in addition some ppl have pure dragon collections I bet.

I wouldn't expect him to be any lower than $600. It might and if it is it will be like the $599 deal that Weta did on the Balrog. In regards to it holding its value I don't know. Personally, I don't worry about that a whole lot.

I'm not sure I'd call another 500 units, 'just a little more', given that 500 is the total ES of Azog. As such that's got to have some impact and sure, I'm not actually expecting $499, but I do think much over $599 is going to be pushing it.

I wouldn't call it a lot more either is my point though. I just don't view 500 more pieces as that many more than 1500. It will have some that's why after seeing it initially and then seeing the ES I think $650 is the landing spot.

Yea I noticed. Awesome!
Exactly. With their reward point system and slightly lower prices its cheaper to order direct. And should there be an issue with your order (not likely, but you never know), Weta will have it sorted out much quicker. Cut out the middle man my fellow EU collector!
Second awesome! 10 monies for every 100 monies spent? And 15% after buying the Smaug and getting gold collector status? Yes please

I wouldn't expect him to be any lower than $600. It might and if it is it will be like the $599 deal that Weta did on the Balrog. In regards to it holding its value I don't know. Personally, I don't worry about that a whole lot.
The Red Book of Westmarch would feel lonely if I sold Smaug :(

I saw smaug at a comicon and the detail was very impressive, and it was a very big piece, I will get one for sure.

Yes, should be somewhere in the thread.

Oi..that's what I get for skimming.. lol

I'm really trying to drum up a reason to drop so much on this bad boy. I had hoped the action figure would be pretty cool, rotocast and all..at least as good as the quality of the Fell Beast but seeing it finally...it did not impress. :/ so I'm left with only this option for a kick ass Smaug statue. pfff.

I don't mind dropping $600 for this statue as long as the production quality equals to the Prototype.
Considering it's size and how intricate it is..

Ordered. His for sale price is $699 with the regular being $750. There is also a NRD of $100 you have to put down today.

Balrog
ES: 1500
Size: 4233 square inches
Weight: 33 lbs
Price: $599
NRD: $0

Smaug
ES: 2000
Size: 4281 square inches
Weight: 42 lbs
Price: $699
NRD: $100