Statue Weta Workshop Smaug the Terrible Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11gr21k.jpg

Guys beat me to it. :lol His base is huge. It looked like outside of the new Balrog's base and Barad-dúr it would eat the rest.

Hey Josh, what do you really think this will be priced at?
I think you mention 1k or possibly higher?

I think probably $750-$850. I could see it reaching 1k but I don't expect it to in all honesty because that's going to be very difficult for most of us to swing since they do not have a flex pay system.

I think probably $750-$850. I could see it reaching 1k but I don't expect it to in all honesty because that's going to be very difficult for most of us to swing since they do not have a flex pay system.

That sounds much better, yah 1k would be steep but I guess we'll see.
Doing my be to forecast the next 6 months of potential pre orders and this is at the top of the list.
Thanks.

It's going to greatly depend on the ES, if that's a 1000, then no way will it sell for $1000. I really can't see them matching the ES of Azog at 500, but not sure if they will go all the way to 1000, possible they may split the difference and make the ES 750, in which case I think a price of closer to $650 to be a little more likely.

That sounds much better, yah 1k would be steep but I guess we'll see.
Doing my be to forecast the next 6 months of potential pre orders and this is at the top of the list.
Thanks.

Yeah, I would prefer it to not be 1k. The range I listed is much easier to deal with that's for sure. I hear ya. It's nice to have an idea of what's to come.

It's going to greatly depend on the ES, if that's a 1000, then no way will it sell for $1000. I really can't see them matching the ES of Azog at 500, but not sure if they will go all the way to 1000, possible they may split the difference and make the ES 750, in which case I think a price of closer to $650 to be a little more likely.

Of course the ES will be a huge factor and I don't expect him to have an ES of 500 simply due to Smaug being a even more major character than Azog. I could see a 750 ES but I do think 1000 is more likely and even at either size I think $700 is as cheap as he gets. He's so detailed with so many tiny things that I think that makes him as hard as anything to get into the production versions. Plus he's huge with a base as big as anything Weta has produced so far. I think the $750-$850 is a safe range for Smaug as well as the Balrog. We're looking at two pieces that should end up around $1500 total.

I think $699 with ES between 500 and 1000, more close to a 1000 I bet

How do I sign up for their newsletter so I get notified of this preorder announcement? Can't seem to find it on their site...

Back